Compression tester

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i bought the set figuring on the price i cant loose much, it worked but i seem to remember i had to use another adapter besides what was labeled for ford. mine also started leaking down the compression and wouldn't hold it by the time i was done so i had to physically watch how high it rose. ya get what you pay for i found out my compression numbers and it was cheep.:dunno

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
i bought the set figuring on the price i cant loose much, it worked but i seem to remember i had to use another adapter besides what was labeled for ford. mine also started leaking down the compression and wouldn't hold it by the time i was done so i had to physically watch how high it rose. ya get what you pay for i found out my compression numbers and it was cheep.:dunno

Yeah I bought one of those. The adapter they say is for the idi doesn't fit. I had to use the other one too, and I only got two cylinders before mine quit altogether. It started leaking at the fittings and I couldn't get it to quit. It just wouldn't build any pressure on the gauge. -cuss At least it wasn't too much of a loss.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Often there is a little oring on the quick disconnect. If it is busted or loose it won't work right. You could probably use the glow plug adapter for a GM 5.7, 6.2 or 6.5. It must be an el cheapo for $17.99. It would work for a couple tests or you could spend a few more dollars and get one that will last as long as your interest.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Often there is a little oring on the quick disconnect. If it is busted or loose it won't work right. You could probably use the glow plug adapter for a GM 5.7, 6.2 or 6.5. It must be an el cheapo for $17.99. It would work for a couple tests or you could spend a few more dollars and get one that will last as long as your interest.

VERY el cheapo! Made by drunk Chinamen or something. The adapter for the ford was too long to fit the glow plug hole. The threads wouldn't touch. Every other one I've seen is well over $200. So I thought I'd give it a try.:rolleyes:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work, adaptor "A" is listed as 10 x 1.00 for which is the thread of the Ford Navistar 6.9 & 7.3 IDI and PSD and some GM, Mercedes and VW diesels............ but unfortunatly it won't work for the powerstroke because of the placement of the glow plug.

Unfortunatly a PSD adaptor costs twice what this kit does-cuss

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't need to be $200 unless you have to have a snap on or something, but for $18 you could probably make a better gauge from stuff around the shop. Yes the Chinese use convict labor and low wage labor to out compete us.