Compounds - A due diligence quest

wmoguy

Reaction score
wmoguy what pump are you using to return the oil back to your engine? i am using a turbo werx oil exa - scavange pump. best one on the market imo. you mounted your turbo in the same location i did. works great, and as far as a oil cooler i doubt youll need one, just the oil lines alone cool the oil about 25*C if i remember correctly.ive got my eng oil temp sending unit is in my oil pan and it made the world of difference with just the lines to and from the turbo. i used 1/4" preasure to the turbo and for the return oil line i used 3/8" and i havent had trouble yet.

I"m going to try and use the Mechanical Fuel pump for starters and see if that will work well. I actually am going to use the Turbowerx Scavenger pump as my fuel pump (their base model pump) since I use WMO cocktails.

Can you tell me where you returned the oil back to the engine and how you did it?

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
I"m going to try and use the Mechanical Fuel pump for starters and see if that will work well. I actually am going to use the Turbowerx Scavenger pump as my fuel pump (their base model pump) since I use WMO cocktails.

Can you tell me where you returned the oil back to the engine and how you did it?

I returned my engine oil where the triangle plate is on the front of the Injector pump cover, the acess port where you undo the ip bolts. i drilled a 1/2 hole in there and welded a bung centered on that hole that would accept a 3/8 fitting. figured that would be the best spot seeing as the older 6.9 had its oil fill tube there. but that base model pump should be amazing for your wmo set up i figuree. there built extremly well these pumps and extremly quite.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I returned my engine oil where the triangle plate is on the front of the Injector pump cover, the acess port where you undo the ip bolts. i drilled a 1/2 hole in there and welded a bung centered on that hole that would accept a 3/8 fitting. figured that would be the best spot seeing as the older 6.9 had its oil fill tube there. but that base model pump should be amazing for your wmo set up i figuree. there built extremly well these pumps and extremly quite.

Got a pic by chance?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedro what are you pushing now boost wise with your setup? And how early do you see max boost?

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
ill take a picture tomorrow when its day light out. and 88 Ford ive got my truck parked for the winter, been parked almost 2 months now. but it was seeing about 3psi at about 1500rpm and around 2400rpm i would hover around 16-17psi and if i floored it i could see upwards of 20 before 3000rpm. cruising on the highway at 110km/hr at 2100rpm it would on average see about 12psi depending on grades and highest egts ive seen yet and working the hell out of with ip maxed out, thinking of the tourque screw next. but id barely hit 1100* very sucesful set up in my eyes. sounds cool to boot :D

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedro, is your IP stock? If it is, I bet that if you upgraded the pump and the injectors it would spool even better than it already does. That turbo seems to work pretty well for you even now and would make even more power with more fuel...

94idift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill take a picture tomorrow when its day light out. and 88 Ford ive got my truck parked for the winter, been parked almost 2 months now. but it was seeing about 3psi at about 1500rpm and around 2400rpm i would hover around 16-17psi and if i floored it i could see upwards of 20 before 3000rpm. cruising on the highway at 110km/hr at 2100rpm it would on average see about 12psi depending on grades and highest egts ive seen yet and working the hell out of with ip maxed out, thinking of the tourque screw next. but id barely hit 1100* very sucesful set up in my eyes. sounds cool to boot :D

r u running lowered compresion?

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
my IP is just a stock replacement from the international dealer here only thing ive done is max out the screw, but id like to do the tourque screw or what ever that is ive read a few people talk of and see how much more i get from that, and no i am not running lower compression. here is a pic of where my oil from turbo returns back to the engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your setup a lot pedro. Its always nice to see something different.

94idift, how does that t70 do on your engine? How much boost do you have by 2000rpm and what do you get max from it?

Wmoguy, any updates from your project this weekend?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also pedro, do you ever plan on dynoing your setup? It would be cool to see what a different setup like that does powerwise compared to stock setups...

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
I would deffinately like to go to a bd diesel dyno event in surrey bc about a 15hr drive from me to give it a whirl. Id love to see actual proven numbers from it. I think that is probally the closest dyno to me ( sucks living in the north ). Theres two mods ill have to start a new thread on i think cause id like to do a tc lock up in conjunction with my exhausst brake that should help it more and better intown driving just need direction to that at least, and next ill be looking into finding out is info on the so called tourque screw and wat benifits it has and any info on that procedure.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wmoguy will be able to help you with the lockout switch. He just did it. I look forward to seeing your numbers.

But anyway, hijack over. :)

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Wmoguy, 88 Ford has informed me you have done the lockout switch, how well does it work? is it something you would recomend doing, what are the benifits of it? im lookin to do this but need to be pointed in the right direction. thanks.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the agenda this week is to get the oil lines made up. I'm hoping by end of week the N/A Y pipe I got from towcat will arrive. Then the following week turbo gets plumbed and in operation.
jeff-
i unfortunately got delayed from most errands this week thanks to an extended "lab rat" stay at the VA. but I did pull apart a rather interesting exhaust setup this weekend. take a look at the pics and let me know if it interests you. obviously, the shipping is going to be interesting.

Attachments

• SL375455.JPG
    SL375455.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 10
  • SL375456.JPG
    SL375456.JPG
    291.4 KB · Views: 5
  • SL375457.JPG
    SL375457.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SL375458.JPG
    SL375458.JPG