Comp 910 valve spring questions and installation

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No issues for many years. I dont know what happened. But I am fairly certain the grind master has been lost or something. I have finally got one done to try as a drop in. I dont have any way to tell when the problem started as it is random.
IF I continue to sell a torque cam it may be such that I install every one and check it. I will not market faulty parts. This has cost me greatly already.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Man, I hate to hear that. We don't need another aftermarket item for our engines disappearing. It's also understandable from your point of view.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ, you need a little IDI powered hotrod or sand rail, make swapping them a lot easier! :D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An idea for piston to valve clearance check could be to use some plasti guage if you do not have correct tools.

Also some very light springs and dial indicator...

Old school we would use plasterscene on top of piston and then discect it measure thickness...

Just a few thoughts.

The vice spring pressure tester is nice starter tool...along with a couple very light springs and snap guages to check installed heights and then do math for shims.

Setting up aset of heads correctly isnt rocket science however....said it before and I will say it again....tolerances stack up very quickly with these engines ....there is really NO MARGINE FOR ERROR....

This aint yer average sbf or d or c engine....these stack fast....

JM7.3CW Eh!