COMMERCIAL BATTERIES--WOW---1300 cca

thetonka

Reaction score
I sell these for car audio and am looking to put a big one in the truck and the new trailer when I get it.
Power2
They are rebadged Odysseys from Hawker batteries. I used to run Optimas in my trucks but the newer Optimas don't seem to be as good. These Hawkers were originally designed as aviation batteries and are tough as nails and REALLY powerful.

NVCowboy

Reaction score
Just reading the provided website has me thinking about my travel trailer for those big audio batteries. If I were camping as much as I want to, then those would be the s%!*. As much as I manage to get my family out of town, they would rot away before I'd get my money's worth. Different shifts between me and my wife are killing me.

thetonka

Reaction score
NVCowboy said:
Just reading the provided website has me thinking about my travel trailer for those big audio batteries. If I were camping as much as I want to, then those would be the s%!*. As much as I manage to get my family out of town, they would rot away before I'd get my money's worth. Different shifts between me and my wife are killing me.

Actually everything that I have read and heard the Hawker batteries last considerably longer than most anything else. They are designed to sit for a long period of time, which is why I want them in my trailer. You will pay more but they power and lifespan are going to be significantly better than other options.

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
I have an Odyssey on my BMW K11LT. It out cranks the lead acid type by twice. It will sit without a maintenance charge for two months, then fire the bike without a problem--it is an 1100 CC water cooled 4 cylinder--first few seconds of cranking gets fuel to the throttle bodies.

A bit more expensive going in, but they outlast anything else two to one in a motorcycle application. Gotta be good for a diesel truck due to the hairy chested cranking power.

Strong recommendation. Would be good for your camper.

adrianspeeder

USAF C-17 Avionics
Reaction score
skeet298 said:
Would it just blow the starter off the engine?

You could have a million amp battery, but the starter will only draw how much it needs. Just like you can plug a night light into a 200amp service in your home. Now voltage is a different story.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

In answer to the initial thread starter, the group 31, or 30 for that matter, will set right in the original battery trays of most Ford trucks.

At the present, I have one under the hood, and two under the right side of the flat, in a home-built battery rack.

That is a total of three of those crank-shaft slinging group 31S batteries that I can call on at will.:backoff

The engine will start easily with one of those little bitty NeverStart group 24 in even the coldest of conditions; but, I like a little over-kill on anything to do with a truck.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86