Colors...

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a rough time figuring out what color I want for my '06 order.

I like that metallic red, but worry about how it will fade. Black and blue will show every scratch. Silver, grey, and white are boring, although white would be easiest to care for.

Unfortunately, Dodge doesn't have a teal green...

Can anyone comment on their choice of color? I'm leaning toward the inferno red or white... I'll have to redo the striping on my horse trailer if I go with red.

I *really* like the blue, but just can't bring myself to do it... Every rock chip will show white paint beneath...

I've had a tan vehicle before... and it was okay, but the tan exterior and tan interior together were BORING. Not sure I could do that again.

Thank God this is the only problem I'm having with getting my order figured out... :)

Last edited:

killer

Custom User Title
Reaction score
If you get black, you'll have to deal with people telling you it's hard to keep clean, like they're the only ones that know that little secret. I don't think there's any nicer color, but I probably won't buy another one just because I'm tired of restraining myself from beating people.

Mine is silver, which I wouldn't have gotten if I'd realized how many silver Dodges there are out there. But there were only 2 trucks on the lot spec'd out to what I wanted, my silver one and a white Sport. If the white one wasn't a Sport, that's what I would have got. The way it was, it was too much white.

If my next truck is a Dodge, I will probably get it in Inferno Red. That's probably my favorite color right now and I don't see many of them.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I would go with red - but it's not me driving the truck so... I have always been partial to white - it's a conservative color and doesn't draw a lot of attention (cops) so I can just toodle on down the road with out much delay. Red on the other hand how I would love to have it does attract attention...

pafixitman

Reaction score
White has always been my favorite. I prefer a blue gut, so if that is not available then I would reconsider exterior color based on interior.

Up until getting this truck, I bought based on the deal / vehicle. I had never owned a vehicle in a color I truely desired. Came close to getting a K3500 in teal w/ a butt ugly interior. Wifey had a bad feeling - she had a dream in which I was buying a white truck w/ a blue stripe - OK?? - so I passed. For other reasons also, but after 15 yrs, I trust her. Fast forward a few weeks and I am staring at a blue and white CC dually w/ a blue gut! I did not know the color of the truck untill I got to the dealership to drive it. (It was traded 15 minutes before I got there, I knew it was coming in for a week.)

Bottom line is I pick the outside based on the inside! A big red truck :puke: then again I :love: the Ford yellow stuoid duty!

MUDDY

Reaction score
ya cant go wrong with white. clean looking. doesent show scratchs. cooler in hot weather. also safety, visabilty especially at night. the bright red and the lighter blue [atlantic] are pretty and the almond is also practical and decent looking. If i was ordering iwould go white for practicallity and i have went with white on most of the rigs i have owned

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. I love that red... but will probably accept good judgment and past practice and go with white, tan interior (which looks like it carries lots of grey in it, too).

When I'm old and grey (oh, wait... I'm already going grey!) and don't care... then, I'll get a truck with some color.