"Start terminal" on ignition switch? Wire color/location?

Oldtowntrucks

Reaction score
Got a 1993 f250 7.3 idi with an E40D, finally took a leap of faith to get away from my failing transmission computer and other PSOM stuff and bought a US Shift trans computer.

Hooked up all other leads just fine but am stuck looking for the ignition switch "start terminal" for my Neutral Safety Switch/PRNDL/Etc.

I've searched many crusty old wiring diagrams but can't seem to find a good reference for a wire/wire color and have had enough back spasms trying to figure out the wiring. May just have to painstakingly take the ignition cowl off to physically see it. The installation manual states that it may be Red/Light Blue or White/Pink.

Anybody have any idea? It can't be a constant 12v signal, has to be the instanced ignition based signal.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I only have experience with my Bull Nose trucks, but it does seem like it was a red/light blue wire on them.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cant find a red/lightblue or white/pink down at the side of the transmission? I haven't messed with the later models, but the earlier models were easy to pick out, they used the red/lightblue to go in and out of the neutral safety, so there was two wires down there the same color. Never messed with a white/pink later model wiring.

Oldtowntrucks

Reaction score
Feel silly because I kinda figured it was here but ended up finally finding the red/light blue wire on the fender mount starter solenoid, but it was covered in a protective boot and under layers or wraps. Tried hooking up to it, even though it sends the ignition signal it still didn't engage, although when I test-tried to another 12v source it allowed the engine to bump over. Not too sure now, maybe it has to be that split second sooner to allow the Neutral Safety Switch to get the signal first then full engine ignition..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online