Colorado IDI owners?

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm needing some quick advice and opinions about my truck. Whose located in Colorado, and would like to meet up to talk IDI's? I'm near Parker, South-East of Denver.

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located specifically?

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I'm in Elizabeth.

Aaron

I tried to organize a central mountain states get together last summer. It was not met with much interest. Since then we have gained some new members here. Maybe we could try something again next summer? I know this doesn't answer or help your question immediately. There are at least three of us in the Albuquerque area, myself, Ryan Eklund (reklund), and DSALF250 (PSD guy), that may be interested in getting together in someplace such as Trinidad, CO. Rob Fox (F350camper) used to live in Aurora and would have been an excellent resource for you. Unfortuantely, he had to move back east last summer in pursuit of the almighty paycheck.

Tom

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Fort Collins. I get almost no time away(barely get any time to work on projects) these days due to a young family.

Ken

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Arvada and can help out if you need it. I am usually all over the city. What specifically are you needing help with.

David

adelyser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this engine doesn't sound as smooth as my 6.9, but pulls stronger, and I'm just wanting someone to listen and tell me what they think. I'm still a stranger to all the noises these things make.

ClassicIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as far as sounds go I'm still a little new them as well but starting to get an idea. If you want we could meet up some time and compare my truck to yours. Ever get up north in the golden/south boulder area.

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used to live south of franktown, down 83 bout 8 miles or so. guess we were practically neighbors!!! are you around this weekend? I'm heading out to quail run on friday. i am going to pm you my phone number.

i'll bring my truck, that way we can compare it to another 7.3l

I may not be of a whole lot of use, because all the info i have gathered has been off forums, but at least you can compare it to a truck that has been timed correctly, and not long ago.

let me know, have an awesome thanksgiving.

MTIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any of you colorado IDI'rs (or anyone for that matter) interested in a new truck? i am pretty sure mine is going on the market. should know by noon today.

1994 Ford F-250 IDI, Originally N/A, now with banks (see avatar)
DPS stage one injectors
1997 ford power seats (these seats were seats out of a smokers truck, so they have some burn marks here and there, but they do not smell of smoke.)
zf-5 tranny
118K on the clock
sometimes leaks a small amount of oil overnight.
running 12 lbs boost

coolant system was flushed somewhere around 3000 miles ago, which was when it was timed (8 deg, with a 20 deg offset). DC-8 i believe was the addidtive that was added.

call me for more details

Dustin
303-868-7174

(still thinking of a price)