Cold weather

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this morning it was about 2 degrees when I left for work, my truck had been plugged in for a few hours and started up nice, it ran good all the way to work( about an hour and a half because of the snow) and when I got there I let my truck idle until I had to go in, after a few minutes my truck started to miss a little, so I kicked up the rpm's to about 1000 and it smoothed out for a second and then at idle it started skipping again a little worse. I then shut it down because it was work time. 4 hours later I started the truck at break to see if I can figure out what was wrong with it, by this time it was a scorching 9 degrees out and my truck took a second but fired right up and idled fine for the 15 minutes of break, after work it started fine again and ran good all the way home.. Any ideas on what would cause this? Maybe my fuel started to gel?

Ps. Is there any way to keep the engine compartment warmer longer? I usually don't worry about it but today it was quite cold and tomorrow we could see -10f. A little cold for ct

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like a 911 fuel additive would help plenty. Fuel gelling is a nasty mess. sadly today here on the west coast its 80+ degrees. Not boasting but we just do not see frigid weather like many of you have.

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always have 911 with me haha. I guess I'm lucky I didn't have to use it, and ya I have to find something like that, or maybe I can convince the company to let me plug my truck there... Haha yea right

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Using the stick on insulation under the hood should help also.
And maybe stick something in front of the grill to keep the cold air out.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

S-west

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put cardboard in the front haha

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
So this morning it was about 2 degrees when I left for work, my truck had been plugged in for a few hours and started up nice, it ran good all the way to work( about an hour and a half because of the snow) and when I got there I let my truck idle until I had to go in, after a few minutes my truck started to miss a little, so I kicked up the rpm's to about 1000 and it smoothed out for a second and then at idle it started skipping again a little worse. I then shut it down because it was work time. 4 hours later I started the truck at break to see if I can figure out what was wrong with it, by this time it was a scorching 9 degrees out and my truck took a second but fired right up and idled fine for the 15 minutes of break, after work it started fine again and ran good all the way home.. Any ideas on what would cause this? Maybe my fuel started to gel?

Ps. Is there any way to keep the engine compartment warmer longer? I usually don't worry about it but today it was quite cold and tomorrow we could see -10f. A little cold for ct

If you had fuel gelling it would skip and die at anything above idle. Best thing to do is OD it with Power Service or your favorite additive.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin