Code scanner

gandalf

Reaction score
Is this scanner the correct one for the E4OD codes?

I'm pretty sure thats the one I have for the '92. However, mine is out in the garage, and I'm not going that far to verify. If nobody has given a more positive answer in the morning I'll go check.

Keep in mind that my '92 and your '93 have only the single computer, the one for the transmission, but that seems to be what you're looking for. I think I paid $30 for mine.

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one should be correct. The one I have covers up to 1995 modles also.
Unlike the newer ones, they are a pain cause you have to go through alot of steps to get a good reading. All this should be in the manual.
Good luck.

Randy

pafixitman

Reaction score
OK. Yeah, I just want it for the E4OD codes. Everytime I would be at the auto parts store or Wally World and think about getting one, they were out of stock. I was picking up some struts for the truck lid of my DD (back of my head has a permanent dent. They have not worked for two years) and walking to the register I saw this one. Of course it was at Pep Boys and the service manager could not even get me an answer!

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that's the one, I got a similar one at Wal Mart awhile back.

It isn't that hard to get the codes, you will just get a TPS fault code if you don't follow the procedure exactly.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Thanks. She went blinky on me the other day. Cleared up the next day. I think my "mobile road oiling" has the connector at the tranny wet. Of course everything from the front bumper back is wet!:rotflmao I really need time to cure those leaks.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I don't see a screen on that one. The one i got at walmart has a LCD screen that is very easy to tell what codes are what cause it just writes them out with text, that one just looks like it blinks and beeps. The connector on it looks correct though...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how it does all three test procedures. On Fords, there's "key on engine off", "key on engine running", and lastly the "hard faults" in long term memory. I have the Snap-on "brick" so I don't have much background on the above pictured item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online