Code "BB" injectors?

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I ordered rebuilt Standyne code "g" injectors from Diesel Care and Performance on eBay ($175.00 = $14.00 shipping)cookoo :idiot: . Today I received NEW Delphi code "BB"s. Should I just put them in and forget it? I even called the guy and talked with him. This really ****** me off, but I know from other posts that I just checked @ TDS that the guy doesn'y understand the concept of customer service after he already has your money. He is gonna get a "piece of my mind" in his eBay "Feedback" or whatever they call it. :mad: :mad: :mad: OkieGringo

pafixitman

Reaction score
8 new injectors @ $25 each sounds like a good deal to me. You already know what I was told on the "g" versus regular.

I say run 'em and enjoy life.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
pafixitman said:
8 new injectors @ $25 each sounds like a good deal to me. You already know what I was told on the "g" versus regular.

I say run 'em and enjoy life.

Remind me of what you were told?

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
f-two-fiddy said:
Remind me of what you were told?

He told me that code "G"s squirted a little more fuel and had a higher pop-off pressure. Said I could buy New Standynes regular or rebuilt Standyne code"G"s for same price. I said I wanted the rebuilt Standyne code "G"s. Then I get new Delphi code "BB"s. I'll call him in the morning and see what he says. I hope he doesn't get me a bunch of crap. He won't like me if'n he ****** me off any more than I already am. I'm pretty laid back until ya Ford with me:D . cookoo OkieGringo

Exekiel69

Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
He told me that code "G"s squirted a little more fuel and had a higher pop-off pressure. Said I could buy New Standynes regular or rebuilt Standyne code"G"s for same price. I said I wanted the rebuilt Standyne code "G"s. Then I get new Delphi code "BB"s. I'll call him in the morning and see what he says. I hope he doesn't get me a bunch of crap. He won't like me if'n he ****** me off any more than I already am. I'm pretty laid back until ya Ford with me:D . cookoo OkieGringo

No need to get angry big Guy, give the man a chance to make thing straight. If he has many sales, then he don't want bad feedback unless he already has bad feedback. Also if you paid by paypal you can have them (paypal not ebay) hold He's account and then believe Me he'll send you all the injectors you want. That is something Charlie (landscapeman) thought Me.

CaseyJones

Reaction score
I just ordered TURBO injectors (reman) from diesel care. I spotted him on ebay but called him and did a phone order rather than over Ebay (bad idea perhaps?)

He seemed pretty helpful on the phone, He assured me several times that they would be the turbo code injectors and that they were reman and each one tested and within spec. If he does this right I will give him props online and buy the IP from him as well.

I was going to use DPS but could not make contact or get a call back so I assumed they didnt really want my $$.

I am pretty effective at relaying cust. svc experienciences - bad or good, Please post how this ends and Ill do the same!

mateo

Reaction score
I'm dealing with a similar issue right now. I bought some injectors from performancepro1 and requested the injectors for my 93. He sent me code "d" which aren't correct, but due to time constraints I put them in anyways. I left him a neutral feedback and he's freaking out on me and being an a-hole in general. I'm still in the process of proving to him that they're the wrong code, but I really don't think it's worth the effort.

We'll see if he leaves me a negative feedback like he's threatened. -cuss

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Could just be a real **** to the people that do this to you and complain to paypal and say you didn't get what was advertised. They'll get their account suspended, you'll get your money back and you'll get to keep the injectors. -cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the verdict isn't out on injector letter codes, but in my opionion, G code injectors are to be avoided. They do not "squirt more fuel" since the injection pump is responsible for doing that. In my research it seems that G code injectors are emissions related, and given the timing with the IDI turbo and Ford's attempts to de-rate it to prevent embarrassing the then new Powerstroke, the likelyhood that they contribute to producing any more power at all seems extremely remote.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I still can't get over the fact that they charge $80-100 more for 'G' s. It can't be more than a small pintel change and a thicker shim. MAYBE $.25 more per injector, to build them.
Our local guy has 35 years experiance, and told me not to waste my money on a turbo pump and injectors. He said turning up the standard pump and 'E's were about as good as it gets. He was very interested in hearing about Kens stuff, though.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I met up with a new local friend today. He is a shop foreman for a Case Tractor dealership. He's dealt with R & R of diesel engines there for lotsa years. I asked him to listen to my engine a tell me what he thought. He reved it and then went around to the tailpipe while I reved it and felt the exhaust pulses and smelled it also. He said that even though the Delphis are good injectors, that he wouldn't put new ones in. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I think I might just call the DC&P on Monday and return the injectors. Spend the money on getting turbo wastegated, instead. I played with the Bauman TCS some more also. I can now just give it more juice in 4th and it doesn't downshift, just keeps on pullin'. I like it:D . Thanks for listening, ya'll. cookoo OkieGringo

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this is not teh first negative I've heard about Diesel Care. I will probably avoid them in teh future. You could just ignorte the fact that he's a d-bag and either keep the "BB" for future use or sell them on ebay yoru self or to another oilburner. You did after all get your money's worth, but it is wrong and dishonest to sell you "BB"s which are standard 6.9 injs, which I think are just Delphi and Lucas' version of the "D" code stanadyne when you though you were buying "G" Stanadynes. Even though he prob. did you a favor, he's still a scam artist. My 2 bits

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
TOLD U SO

OKIE !!!!!! Remember what I told you on the phone???? Now you listen to a new friend with the same opinion!! Boy what a buddie. :backoff :hail :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online