Clutch won't release when warm, works fine cold, *** mate?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
yup, got the hiem joint thing done long time ago too ;Sweet I don't want to throw too much energy at this transmission as it needs to go the way of the dodo bird to make room for a 6 speed :D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
hahn_rossman said:
I just went thru this headache myself, and in the course of scouring the archives I came across a post (mel's?) that noted that firewall cracking is a symptom of the throwout bearing getting harder and harder to slide along the input shaft. Eventually you start breaking the firewall with all that stomping on the clutch pedal. My pilot bearing died and when I took it apart (big sigh, and laments about 4WD) removed the shrapnel that it had become and replaced the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing, I was amazed at how easy the pedal is to depress. If you haven't driven a truck with a recent clutch job, or one of those fancy greasable throwout bearings I don't think you can imagine how easy it can be. Good luck, and by all means unbolt the tranny from the bellhousing.

I will ask you the same question I asked Mel - IF it is a symptom, then why is Ford the only one to have the problem. The cause is a pos two layer (both to thin) firewall that cracks. The problem is that Ford was too cheap to make it as it should be, and therefore, we pay the price. Just another example of why I feel the truck around the drive train is crap. While there are some here willing to admit it, there are some that feel that way but won't. I have had multiple trucks, up to 2 1/2 ton dumps and no other manufacturer has this problem. The symptom and problem are caused by poor engineering...flame away!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online