clutch linkage mod part 2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi,

yesterday i began my clutch linkage modification (see tech articles). everything was going according to plan except i cant get the rod to come off.
I know i cant remove the pushrod thing but i want to remove the arm that swings with the clutch pedal to remove the rod end so the heim joint will go in..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Matt

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Well I just checked mine and I see the bushing is shot. Looks like someone just put a cotter pin in there to keep it from popping off???? :confused:

So that pushrod doesn't come out of the master cyl?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no the pushrod does not come out, i did the mod but i altered it a little.

what i did was drille s hole in the side of the heim joint and tapped it 1/4-20

then what i did was thread in a screw and a nut and welded the nut onto the joint so there would be more threads for the set scre to thread into, then i put the set screw and nut in, it drices beutifuly.

matt

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
Well I just finished mine using a bronze bushing and a grade8 bolt from Lowes. Worked out perfect and man it drives soo much better! ;Sweet

I replaced the master while I was at it knowing it would fail right after I finished the mod.(because that's the kind of luck I have) It was metal instead of plastic wich makes me feel better.

You must be registered for see images

I was strongly considering an automatic due to pinched nerves in my back but this made it tolerable. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin