Help with clutch linkage

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, I bought the part of the clutch linkage that sits above the accelerator pedal. It has a dogleg on one end and and a knob on the end . The knob end engages the clutch master cylinder rod, and it is worn off, causing a dangerous problem.
Well, my problem is I cant get the old one off! Does anyone have a good idea on how to achieve this? I've tried WD-40, and prying on it, but barring the removal of the whole assembly from under the dash , IM STUMPED! I beg your indulgence in this matter!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kept mine in, cut off the end to the pedal, and installed this thing.

I think I understand your issue is the part of the rod that attaches to pedal assembly is broken?

I did it all with rod remaining

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those are a big pain to remove. The splines in it are formed when you press it on. It's been on there for several years and doesn't want to come off. It's been over 20 years since I've pulled one of those off, but it seems like I had to pry until I got a little bit of movement. Then I would work it back and forth until there was enough movement for it to come off.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well darn it!! I managed to crank on the dog-leg lever with a big enough crescent wrench and got it off. But all was not well with the world after I re installed the new part. Apparently I did not "clock" it correctly and now when I push in the clutch pedal the tranny won go into gear. Sooooo. bright and early tomorrow Ill yank that new part off, and re-orient the &%^$@ thing and see if that works... It aint got a choice- its got to work, I make part of my living with the thing..... Sometimes it feels like a would come in 3rd in a 1 man race.........wheres that chevy dealership again, honey? :)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I hope it works for you, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. From my experience, one spline moves it too far the other way. They seem to be pretty sensitive.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Faith and begorrah! I managed a hat trick! Not only did I reinstall the part correctly, the clutch seems to engage better... “ honey, do you have $$$$$ so I can play the lotto tonite?”
No?
Ok, dear!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online