clutch fail 250mls from home

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The splines on the shaft look and feel ok. The bracket is shot. I do have another but it'd back home
You mean you have another lever? That's good, that should fix that problem! Too bad it's so far away, but like I said, it's a T19, she can handle floating. Now if it were the ZF disasterpiece... LOL

If they bought a clutch kit, it will have tob and pilot bearing included. Stop scaring the man al.
Pilot bearing yes, TOB not anymore, well at least not all of the kits have it. Easy check anyways, pull the inspections cover and look at the darn thing - if it's got 10 years worth of friction material dust baked all over it then it's clearly not been replaced. Advantage of diesel transmissions, we get the big cover that allows us to see more than just the edge of the flywheel.

its not uncommon to have a brand new throw-out bearing make noise also... they quality of them anymore is not there
And then there is that as well. Many of them look downright scary out the box, one has to wonder how they even stay together once put into use.. Well some obviously don't!

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I floated it to my old local and trusted shop here. They won't get to it till midweek.st least I know it's in good old school hands

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think the trailer makes things easier as its weight keeps the truck's momentum going, so you don't have to match engine speed to changing road speed. In any case, the important question now becomes how you're gonna get home, with trailer no less?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CLEARLY THIS HAS JUST TURNED INTO A -Flame Thr-Flame Thr-Flame Thr-Flame Thr Al thread suddenly.....

Thats ok folks...its freaking hittin 100 here daily my dog n I cool off in river swimming in afternoon.

Ok if it was clutch kit...they SHOULD have tossed in the new parts...just sayin...

As for bracket as I said I have a pedal azsembly here in sto k pulled. If you have one at home could someone ship it to you? The clutch arm ..the short one with PIN is or should be available from Ford.

Do not know where u are what you can or cannot do but we are here to help...

JM2CW

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All fixed. It was the lever arm that was worn. Not helped by the shop who did the clutch putting the arm on the wrong way round so that it was at a slight angle. All it took was a couple of hundred miles of city clutching to work its way loose and the splines started grinding on the lever eventually causing it to fail.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As already posted above. Glad you are up and running but.. You need "something back" for the shop for your troubles.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back to MI yesterday from IN. The shop that did the original work is closed until Monday. They will get a visit from me, receipts in hand. My suspicion is that they might cover the labor which was $111. The part, including expedited shipping was $110

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online