Clevite Lifters & Why

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well, I asked why you would use clevite or Melling lifters and the few that answered said Clevite. So I looked at both of them really closely and took them to work and asked several well respected gear heads which one they would use. Hands down it was Clevite just by the looks. I didn't tell them which was which. I even weighed both of them and found this. The Clevite with the roller bearing pins weighed 142 grams and the Melling with the bushed roller pin weighed 144 grams. Not a lot but just the way the Clevite are made helped sell me. I really wanted other eyes looking at them so its Clevite for many good teasons and I'll be selling the Melling on Ebay in the future. Kinda makes me feel like I'm selling autolite glow plugs on Ebay.... :D

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why the enthusiasm? Heavier ain't necessarily a bad thing... Without pix it is hard to judge...

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
I think that the consensus was that the Clevites hold up longer due to the construction. Lighter weight would be a free bonus. The construction would make them more desireable even if they were heavier.

:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle