Clearance Lights

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
self tappers have a drill bit like head, these screws are the type i call starter threads, they taper down a bit with cuts on the tip.
zinc plated. MADE IN THE UNITED STATES! TRUCK-LITE, RIGHT?

About the screws, yes, but they will make there own theads, they just won't drill a hole like the drill bit looking type you talked about, which I call self drilling screws.
As far as the made in USA if you can doubt it, but I was quoting what it said on the bag. Look at second picture.

i was confirming this.... i was looking at the bag as i typed, they are made in the united states, it didnt say made in USA, china lol
we used the exact same part

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now is it DRW or SRW?
Kinda late, but there is a digital tach/hour meter available for these.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Its the truck in my sig; SRW. Yea, I've thought about putting one in. It still spends a fair amount of time idling when I'm loading wood and need to move it around every 10 minutes. But I'll never know just how long Natural Resources had it running.

Diesel_crew

Reaction score
warden i work in the trucking industry and ur absolutely correct the lights signal width in a vehicle there identification markers too signal width between vehicles i.e.. in trailers it signals the vehicle is 80" or wider per fmcsa (federal motor carriers safety administration) the same with the pickups. same goes for when ur marking a trailer you cannot have a amber lens within 3" of a red and vice versa, Im from rhode island and you actually would be hard pressed too find a half ton truck and up without these markers, as in all trucks over 8600 gvw have too be registered as a commercial motor vehicle wether you are using it as such or not hence why the id markers are required equipment

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Well I got the new lights today. I was surprised that the are MADE IN THE UNITED STATES! Imagine that. I haven't removed mine yet so I don't know if the are exactly the same. Wont get to them tomorrow with the weather coming in. I hope I can use the ford sockets and just replace the lens. I won't be using the supplied screws. I will use original ford screws as they have not rusted, they look as if they are stainless. But you get lenses with gaskets, sockets with pigtails, screws, and a ground screw for $5. Not bad.

Truck Lite is the original supplier for Ford. They are the same as your original parts.

wh1056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of cab lights......
Does anyone have the FoMoCo part number for the "speed nut" for the screws that hold the lights to the roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online