CL cummins Ford

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'd like it to be mine but I don't know anyone near to look at it for Me, come on guys anyone want to go visit any friends they have in gilbert az. I've not seen a truck with all this work done to it, even if it is not a 6bt it is worth it, the 4bt value is higher by far and for good reason.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well the seller is nice enough to email Me some pics of this truck, now I don't know if it is alright with Him if I post this pics here so I won't do it but I don't recognize the engine so I will post a pic of an engine tag and maybe someone can tell Me what engine is this really.

Attachments

• engine tag.jpg
    engine tag.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 32

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wanting to say V-6, which would then make the 24-valve part reasonable and still be mechanical.

The valve-cover on the loader that can be seen looks nothing like the in-line B-series, which is what the 4BT, 6BT, and Dodge/Cummins are.

Look closely at that valve-cover and see what I mean. ;Really

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will go on to say that anyone owning that truck will have one like no other for certain.

I doubt it will have the fuel economy of the in-line B-series, but I may be surprised.

I like it.

Exekial, swing by the house on your way back home with it; I want a closer look and a ride in it. :thumbsup:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend in the Phoenix area and he's very trustworthy and we're quite close but this sort of thing is not his forte, and unfortunately I'm probably almost as far away from there as you are. Almost 30 hrs and better than 3000 miles on the ground.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
My dream truck is the 70's truck with either with the 4bt or the 6bt that would make it worth the trip not a v6. It sure is a unique truck but with all the work involved on a swap I would have installed a in line engine on it. The other side of the truck doesn't look as good and there is some rust holes too. Thank You guys, I guess I'll have to build it Myself if I want one.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the idea of having an all mechanical V6 from a front end loader sounds really cool, much cooler than another 6bt or ISB conversion..... not knocking either of those engines or the IDI, we all know those are good, but how interesting with the V6 diesel eh?It might be kind of interesting to get parts for that beast though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online