cl ad

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Not mine.

http://abilene.craigslist.org/cto/2459655522.html

Ok, I have a 1983 F250, ext cab, 4x4, 4 speed manual, camper special with a 6.9L diesel with a Banks turbo and exhaust system, solid body has no major rust, all chrome is still intact. The rebuilt engine has only been in the truck a few months and has about 200 miles on it. I hoped to use it as a daily driver but realized with me living 23 miles from work this truck is not a 70mph truck. I really love the old truck but it would be better in someone's hands that can use it. I am asking $3000 and somewhat firm on that price since I have about $1700 in the engine and install with new gaskets, clutch release bearing, belts, hoses, clutch set, antifreeze, oil, filters, and glow plug relay system, new Interstate 1000CCA batteries. I deleted the stock glow plug controller and built a stand alone system that works like a champ. Text or call 32five-82nine-six7oneone. Mike

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0

image 3

image 2

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
OK, so he rebuilt the engine by doing what? Probably changing head gaskets. everything else is external. And it is not a 70 mph truck? Maybe if he has 4.10 gears and can't shift into 4th.

Something wrong with this.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I haven't called him as I'm not in the market to buy, but I think he is meaning about the higher rpm's at 70.
I can't see what is wrong with going a little slower if it bothers you at the higher rpm.
If someone interested in it I can go look at if needed. It's only about 65 or 70 miles over there.