Choosing a Starter

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also calculated as watts=amps*voltage

That's why voltage drop from bad cables decreases starter output, or weak CCA batteries.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also calculated as watts=amps*voltage

That's why voltage drop from bad cables decreases starter output, or weak CCA batteries.

Exactly, so amperage = power / voltage.

4kw / 12v = 333 amps (of current).

Usually the higher the current draw, the more powerful(work it can do) the motor. So slapping that high draw starter onto your fading batteries will kill them in a hurry. :)

Google Ohm's Law for the little pyramid we learned about long, long ago in school.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that DB 4kw sytarter shorter than the OEM mitsu one?

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New starter was scheduled to arrive today so I pulled the old one...if it wasn't for the previous threads I read about finding the top bolt and using a short wobble extension with a longer extension it would have taken much longer and a colorful vocabulary.

Putting in the new one went fine...seems like there is a little more room to get the top bolt. My one complaint would be the position of the small wire post is blind on this starter and actually took longer to get the tiny ass nut on then the top bolt did.

Here's some pics...looks like the old starter may have been original and if not replaced with a OEM. The new one is stamped on the housing Made in Japan but has a sticker Assembled in Mexico.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: