Check out the stacks on this rig!

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Those stacks are way too huge for my tastes but I do really like the idea of the stacks being on the outside of the bed on a DRW!!! Who is going to do it?

Yeah, those look atrocious to me!
I have mine outside the bed, but it's not a ugly mess like that. ;Sweet

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
If that thing didn't have the mufflers & heat shields it probley wouldn't look so silly.
How do you like mine?
You must be registered for see images attach

f350flatbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a way to route the pipes into stacks on the outside. I have a flatbed and don't want to waste bed space on the tailpipes. If the pipes are on the side, won't they stick out too far, like block the mirrors?

pb

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a bad way to go. Not sure about the yellow though. Stacks need good rigidity to be durable, a quality mounting is important. Fabing something up that looks good and does the job well adds a nice touch to what size and style you decide to hook up.

You must be registered for see images

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Thanks Mel, my setup is holding up good. I've been off road, on road all kinds of places & they show no signs of bending. Another key thing to a set of stacks that most people over look is you need at least a foot of flex pipe. That way it is able to flex without harming your exhaust.
I painted it CAT Yellow for the whole Caterpillar theme. I wanted to make it look like it came off of a Cat dozer. Or it could be I watched too much American Chopper & it's finally starting to rub off!

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
I have my 5" stacks between the bed and cab, no wasted bed space.

Attachments

• F350 005.jpg
    F350 005.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F350 004.jpg
    F350 004.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 7
  • F350 007.jpg
    F350 007.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 5

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys use it, but I never have. It all depends on how much engineering you put into how you run it. If you've ever studied the way steam pipe is installed, you get the idea.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I hate flex pipe because of leaking so I used a braided stainless flex joint like on front wheel drive vehicles. Not cheap, but well worth it. It is difficult to mount something to the frame and plumb it into the engine without haveing flex/vibrational issues as well.

justblowin'smoke

Reaction score
flex pipe is junk i've been replaceing stainless flex pipe on semis that aren't even a year old yet at work for the past two months i don't have flex pipe on my truck and my old truck didn't have flex pipe i haven't had any problems

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Everyone I know with stacks runs around in the Michigan winter (LOTS OF SALT) & we don't have a problem. I just keep mine cleaned & painted, never had an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online