Check Out "Doose Air"

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I fashioned my intake very closely after the original "Moose Air", but didn't want to call it "Moose Air II" or "Moose Air Squared", so I've labeled it "Doose Air" ( as in deuce or 2. Lucky for me deuce & moose rhyme! :D . Whatcha think? Excuse the windsheild washer bottle placement & the cheesy overflow bottle. Gotta find a better location for both.

Attachments

• PB150021.JPG
    PB150021.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 78
  • PB150022.JPG
    PB150022.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 68
  • PB150023.JPG
    PB150023.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 86

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang your fast Scott! You got er' done pretty quick. Looks great. :D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
highest_vision said:
If your guys trucks get as much water in through the hood crack there as I do, maybe it should be ****** air

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao. I woke up the kids when I laughed out loud at that.
Mel, theres some saying about imitation is the highest form flattery. Thanks for the good pictures on Webshots so I could copy ;p

John, I went up and over & down the passenger side. The filter is an aFe Proguard 7 (Yellow filter element). Its supposed to filter a well as a stock paper filter but flow as well as a K&N. Ironically enough, when I pulled all the Banks stuff off, that filter from Banks is the same as the aFe, just in purple. Now I have a spare I guess.

How far back should the RDT go? I didn't want the fumes in the cab, so I went past the cab & about half way down the bed. Does it matter how long the tube is?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, you can certainly call it what you like. Looks like a Moose air to me, in view of that previous comment. ;Really I think these various names are most usefull in just identifying the layout of the plumbing, and not so much the actual filter choice. Getting rid of the oversized bottle was a great idea. Certainly the total volume of that bottle is not really needed.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm sticking with "Doose Air". Gives credit or a footnote or whatever it's called to the original, but still my own with subtle differences. No need for "****** air" either. It rained pretty good here last nite & the filter is dry ;Sweet.

Any advice on the RDT tube lenght. I've got about 15 feet from the elbow in the picture. Too long?

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
yeah, Scott - i think 15 feet is excessive. if i remember correctly Trav & Mel both told me 6 feet tops if you can do that... i ended mine right at the rear of the tranny (although i came from behind the intake) and i'm certain one of those 2 said mine was right where his ended

i forget the reason to limit the length, though... creation of a vacuum?

Attachments

• RDT1.jpg
    RDT1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best to limit the lenght due to build up of presure required to vent the gasses.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good Scott! :thumbsup: I've got a bit of a dumb question though - how would one with an ATS setup accomplish this. Would you just take the filter element out of the ATS housing and leave it empty and then create the Moose...Doose...Douch air? I kinda like the way you got the element just in front of the battery - without having to do all the cutting of the radiator support like you would for the ram air...I just don't understand what you would do with the element that's in my housing now?
Very good looking clean mod for sure! ;Sweet

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
yeah, Scott - i think 15 feet is excessive. if i remember correctly Trav & Mel both told me 6 feet tops if you can do that... i ended mine right at the rear of the tranny (although i came from behind the intake) and i'm certain one of those 2 said mine was right where his ended

i forget the reason to limit the length, though... creation of a vacuum?

Frank, do you get any fumes in the cab? If I only went 6 feet, I'd die from CO poisoning. I remember reading there was a maximum on how long it could be, just don't remember what it was. Guess I'll have to shorten it up. It runs pretty good though. Thanks for the input though.

Eric, you have a picture of your motor? I don't really know what the ATS setup looks like.

The scoop would be very cool. Kinda like a Subaru WRX or whatever it's called, but off to the side.

James, maybe it should be "Maxi Air" (I can't remember which maxi pad company used that as their slogan, "the stay dry maxi pad" LOL :D )

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Frank, do you get any fumes in the cab? If I only went 6 feet, I'd die from CO poisoning. I remember reading there was a maximum on how long it could be, just don't remember what it was. Guess I'll have to shorten it up. It runs pretty good though. Thanks for the input though.

Eric, you have a picture of your motor? I don't really know what the ATS setup looks like.

The scoop would be very cool. Kinda like a Subaru WRX or whatever it's called, but off to the side.

James, maybe it should be "Maxi Air" (I can't remember which maxi pad company used that as their slogan, "the stay dry maxi pad" LOL :D )

Heck,the RDT on the Enterprise runs over the engine and down.Exits just below and behind the front bumper.........Sucker blows the smoke but none got in the cab when on the 2 unsuccesful road trips.

aaklingler

Reaction score
eric, on my ats i'm not gonna use the box i'm gonna run pipe right off the turbo over to the passenger fender. You could also leave the box and filter there and run a pipe over to where ever you want, behind headlight, hole in radiator support.