Check Out "Doose Air"

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
apextrans said:
Frank, do you get any fumes in the cab? If I only went 6 feet, I'd die from CO poisoning. I remember reading there was a maximum on how long it could be, just don't remember what it was. Guess I'll have to shorten it up. It runs pretty good though. Thanks for the input though.
only if the wind is right & i have the windows down :D
seriously, not really - but she does really 'smoke'. occassionally i'll get a whiff, but it's not constant by any means...

apextrans said:
The scoop would be very cool. Kinda like a Subaru WRX or whatever it's called, but off to the side.
yeah - and i've always liked the idea of a fender scoop (maybe on each side) - your filter position would make that ideal.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Scott,
If you had showed up at my house in Sept. you would have seen the ATS set up! LOL

Eric,
My thoughts were to relocate the coolant filter, relocate the fuel filter and do a "ricer" style tube and filter to the pass fender directly off the turbo housing. Sounds like a huge pain, so it is on the back, back burner!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
Scott,
If you had showed up at my house in Sept. you would have seen the ATS set up! LOL

Well, if ya hadn't planned to do it on my kid sister's birthday, I woulda made it. Now, maybe you've learned a valuable lesson & will check with me before planning any more projects in the future. How am I supposed to try to answer other peoples questions if you keep doing stuff without me?? :backoff :D LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
apextrans said:
Well, if ya hadn't planned to do it on my kid sister's birthday, I woulda made it. Now, maybe you've learned a valuable lesson & will check with me before planning any more projects in the future. How am I supposed to try to answer other peoples questions if you keep doing stuff without me?? :backoff :D LOL

LOL LOL It was my anniversary that weekend and I still worked on the truck!

Mid 30's and snow on Thursday, my truck projects are all on hold now! I figure I might fab up a center console but that will be all. I need to rebuild my front end, but I will wait. Hydro boost is on the list also!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yes, but you were in fact, at your own home. I'da brought the sister & company if I knew it was OK. They would've just been in the way though. They think I'm some kind of freak for loving my truck the way I do, not to mention most of my internet time is on OB. They're very worried. You got a cool wife though. My nerts would be removed if I worked on my truck that particular day.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I second that. My wife gets maintanance on that day for sure. The Moose fleet definitley has that day off. Guys with the ATS setup need to look up "Godzilla Air" for how to do it to those turbos.

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Nice job Apextrans,

I want to put dual cone filters up into the back opening of my fiberglass cowl hood to get that fresh air in. After my little run in with that now dead dear, I needed a new hood and front bumper/grill and so on .... It became a 5 inch cowl and a new bumper with cut outs.

Mike

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
SIKPUP said:
Nice job Apextrans,

I want to put dual cone filters up into the back opening of my fiberglass cowl hood to get that fresh air in. After my little run in with that now dead dear, I needed a new hood and front bumper/grill and so on .... It became a 5 inch cowl and a new bumper with cut outs.

Mike

Got any pictures?

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Here's a picture Scott, I hope this works ? Guess NOT :confused:

You must be registered for see images

Mike :D

Sometimes I can figure these things out !!!! This time I got it !!!!

SIKPUP :D :D :D

Attachments

• Truck Hood.jpg
    Truck Hood.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
That hood is bad ass! :thumbsup: You also have the front bumper I want!

Oh yeah, ditto that. ;Sweet Someday I'd like to swap to the 91-97 front clip. Then I'd need a hood like that. Do you have to sit on phonebooks to see over that thing? ;Poke

SIKPUP

Reaction score
Thanks Joe and Scott,

I only got the hood and bumper after I hit that dear in Md, I had to replace it, but I knew what I wanted to get. Then I installed my Turbo while the front end was stripped back to the bent rad support. I thought maybe the extra room under the hood would give me more room for intercooler plumming, and you all know why I switched to that bumper ! :D

And I can see over it just fine ! it's the rear view mirror is in my line of sight, since I'm 6' 6". :backoff

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SIKPUP said:
And I can see over it just fine ! it's the rear view mirror is in my line of sight, since I'm 6' 6". :backoff

I guess it's just us short people that need the New York City phone book! Heck I need a phone book just to drive now! :eek: :rolleyes:

Joe I guess you're safe getting a hood like that...what are you...like 7'7" or something??!! LOL