Cheapest oil change?

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
After coming from an 1800 miles round trip to Washington DC, I went to Walmart and got 3 gallons of their SuperTech brand oil and a Fl-1995 oil filter for $40 dollars for an oil change.

Sometimes I can find specials on other brands as low as $8.00 a gallon.

Anybody had a bad experience with the SuperTech oil?

I was using Rotella or Mobil before, changing the oil every 5000, then I noticed that was not good because at that time the oil was too dirty and lost all the viscosity properties so I decided to do it now every 3000 instead. For some time I thought about going synthetic but it's too expensive for me. I think is a better option to change it every 3000 now.

Burt.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99% of the time I purchase Mobil Delvac 1300...but yesterday to use as a 'topper' I purchased a $9.00 gallon of 15/40 Super Tech.
At this point unless I(special order in some Brad Penn 15/40 which I'm NOT going to do) I'll just grab whatever is on sale, it's now all rated low emissions crap anyhow. ;Really
The Mobil Delvac 1300 was $1.50 more.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
I did a Super Tech oil change a year ago...after a month I had lost most of it, it was so thin it was going everywhere it shouldn't. I don't use it in my 27yr old engine any more, but in a tighter engine it might be OK.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I wait of Advanced auto to have their sale on 5 quarts of oil(valvoline) and filter for 16.99. I just buy it in bulk and they credit me filter money towards oil.

My total oil change in my 86 costs me about $32

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online