CHEAP INNERCOOLER SET UP

gandalf

Reaction score
Gary, go check it out for us all.;Sweet They must be pretty close to you, or at least the EBay address claims they are.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 188 bucks, shipped. That's the price I paid for just my tubing!but mines stainless!
A lot of ppl on a strict budget, could be worth it!
Onlything I didn't like was the compactness of the IC itself

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My piping is only 2.25.
For someone that does not want to spend 2-300 on just an in ercoole, I believe this fits the bill

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in that boat,,, just thinking about doing an ic or going down to a baby moose???
Thanx for the lead

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will it work with the IDI engines with 2.5 inch piping? seems to be on the small side for the airflow these engines need. :dunno

A OEM ATS 093 has A 2" outlet.

you would need to weld a 2" piece of pipe onto the turbo hat.
some have JB welded it.

only other thing you would need is 2-2.5" reducers, maybe 2- 2" tbolt clamps.

I'm in that boat,,, just thinking about doing an ic or going down to a baby moose???
Thanx for the lead

CLB, if you want to, ill weld that 2" pipe onto your turbo hat for a 6 pack of coronas. i have extra pipe.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet' as my tig capability is a joke! Just struck my first bead with my wire feed spool gun

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet' as my tig capability is a joke! Just struck my first bead with my wire feed spool gun

its all in the tungsten!!!
Miggin aluminum will work.
make sure the beads are tight as a 21 year old ******! (18 is too pedophilliac for me) hahahaha

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Guys.. If I has an address I sure would check it out for everyone. I do live in Whittier but.. This shop is probably located in shittier Whittier. I may have to carry to get in and out safely...
As for welding aluminum heres a trick taught to me by one of the finest welders I ever worked with. Preheating the weld area is the tip. What he showed me was use a cutting torch set up to make soot. Start the heating and watch the soot collect on the aluminum. When the soot begins to fall off the parts are hot enough. The tungsten must be a ball end. Thats about it.