Case Tractor Dilema

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try valu-bilt.com I've bought from them for years. They were able to get me a complete kit for an old david brown so the sc parts should be possible.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I went through to the checkout page to see if anything had changed and I forgot, I purchased stuff using my shop name, but they aren't being real picky, you can create something and it'll pass, but you don;t have to register as a dealer.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yeah I cant get anything to show up on the search. I tried "s" "sc" "main bearings" etc. What did you type in the search engine?

In the model search I typed in SC , then waited a few minutes and a whole long liest poped up and I had so scroll through a bunch of sub sections till I go to the actual SC tractor, then clicked on that , then the options for all the subsections of the sc tractor appear I had to take a guess because I didn't know which serial # yours fell above or below, it has 2 options for the SC, but you will be able to look at the thing and find that out.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I figured it out but what do I do when I get to the checkout? Can I order this stuff online? I dont even know of a dealer around here for case...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Ok I figured it out but what do I do when I get to the checkout? Can I order this stuff online? I dont even know of a dealer around here for case...

Yes, just click view parts list, then follow the links that look like thay might be bringing you toward a checkout, it's a bit confusing, they don't use the normal "cart" etc terms, so use your imagination and you will get there. It's been about 9 months since I've ordered off there so I can't remember exactly how everything works, I just fished my way through the website last night the same way you could

RedTruck

Reaction score
I checked Rob's link (it's a great link for Case/IH parts), it looks like the oversized bearings are no longer available. I also called the local Case/IH dealer and they confirmed that. I checked a few sites last night that mentioned that Don Livingston may have NOS or used (I know but take what you can get) bearings available for the SC. Don runs a salvage yard that specializes in Case tractors. If he doesn't have anything he may know where to get them.

RUSTY ACRES (Don Livingston owner)
18024 - 540 AVE
AUSTIN MN 55912
PHONE 507-433-0073
E-Mail: [email protected]

Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

Paul

RedTruck

Reaction score
One last thing...you John Deere collectors don't know what it's like to look for parts. I wouldn't doubt that you could go to the dealer and still order new parts for a Waterloo Boy. LOL

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are so right about the John Deere availability. I just ordered some off the wall part for a '37 the other day.

Okay Don can send me some half finished Mains, they are not the same thickness. (he guessed around .090, so the machinist would have to grind each journal different.

I did find the bearings on that diagram on the CNH Website but cannot figure out how to order them.

Napa Can't get them.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are still having trouble getting .010 over bearing let me know and I will call my supplier. I have a part number and a price for them, I would just have to call and confirm that they are indeed in stock.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are still having trouble getting .010 over bearing let me know and I will call my supplier. I have a part number and a price for them, I would just have to call and confirm that they are indeed in stock.

Well yes I still am having trouble. although I do have a few leads...

Thanks for all yall's help. I have been looking for these going on a month now, and i thought i was S.O.L., then I thought about posting it on here. I knew someone on here would have an answer for me.

Thanks,
-Lance

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I am going to the machine shop today to pick the JD motor up. I will let yall know if anything new comes about this, but I really doubt it.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok still have had no luck. I called every tractor wharhouse, parts, etc. and nothing.

RLDSL, I know you found that website but I just cant figure out how to order this stuff.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Guys

RedTruck

Reaction score
If the fellas above can't help you the next thing I would do is call this place.

Crankshaft Supply

If they can't help you I'd try calling Clevite/Mahle and see if you can get someone interested enough in your problem to really do some digging and help you out. Maybe you can see if bearings from something else will fit.

Clevite Help

If all of that fails I'd do some checking around and see if you can have bearings poured somehow. Two fellows come to mind to talk to:

Jim Briden: Larson Welding & Machine Co., Fargo ND 701-232-4484

Todd Cory: Cory Engines & Parts, Delavan MN 507-995-4764

You JD guys don't understand that finding the parts and coming up with a solution is half the fun in restoring an old tractor. LOL

Good luck,

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matjonbak

Staff online