Can anyone identify this turbo?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the numbers I got off of it: On the tag Holset H1c, Eng- 3526740-1-11/9, ser #h155569. Off of the intake side: BCI Off the exhaust side: 3519410 18 129 It's non-wastegated. and it is off a non-intercooled dodge of unknown year and trans. What I need to know are the housing sizes and any other info that'll help me find a chart to figure out the flow of it for another project, sorry non-dodge. But please help if you can. Thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It will work just keep an eye on your manifold pressure and if you need add in a wastegate but I doubt you will.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So sizing wise, this might be a good turbo? I'm going to use stock manifold flipped, with a crossvoer pipe run behind the injector pump, wrapped in header tape, Y-ed together behind the a/c pump to feed it, then a 3" downpipe run down through where the left side would have normally exited crossed over under the bell, and plugged back into the rest of my factory back half. Sounds like it should be an easy project....

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
That is an H1C, but which one im not sure, there are 2 of them, one was used on the 89-91.5 and the other 91.5-93. The difference is the compressor housings. The compressor on the first is a 50MM the second is a 55MM. the other difference (and one year only, which was 92) is the exhaust housing is an 18.5 cm squared housing, and 92 used a 21 cm squared housing. I have 2 of these turbos, one is acctually the stock H1C off my 93 cummins and the other is my wastegated WH1C from a 94. After playing with turbos and learning tons about em, I highly believe the H1C, or later WH1C/HX35's to be a very nice turbo for an IDI. And like u you, I want to set one up like u described. Deffinatly suggest a boost guage, a stock H1C of any year can build 35PSI on a turned up 1st gen Cummins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online