Cab Mounts and Body Lift

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, old cab mount bolts are out, cab mounts are definetely shot. I have new poly mounts and the 2" lift in hand, but need to get new sleeves for the mounts. Anyone got a suggestion where to get them? I figure I'll have to go to a dealer, but I don't deal well with the local one so I'll check with Titus Will unless someone else has a suggestion.

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I did poly bushings on my 83 years ago and i had to reuse my steel sleeves. The only problem was my steel sleeves came out in mutiple pieces. The only place i found the steel sleeves was FORD. And the only way to get the steel sleeve was with the bushings. So i bought new bushings and removed the sleeves and used them in my poly bushings. It was an expensive ordeal to say the least

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I did poly bushings on my 83 years ago and i had to reuse my steel sleeves. The only problem was my steel sleeves came out in mutiple pieces. The only place i found the steel sleeves was FORD. And the only way to get the steel sleeve was with the bushings. So i bought new bushings and removed the sleeves and used them in my poly bushings. It was an expensive ordeal to say the least

GREAT!!! :)

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
bith my f150 and f350 have poly mounts and i didnt reuse anything.

What years? They show a difference in the lift kit for 80-86 and 87-94, but the bushings are supposed to be the same. I'll check the bushings for center hole size tomorrow. I have new bolts and such with the lift kit...but the bushings show to re-use the sleeves. I thought I'd only need to reuse the front sleeves, which you drill out to 1/2 inch, i can get by with them I believe, since I have to drill the bolts out anyway. Maybe I can scan the instructions and post. Maybe I'm missing something.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
When I did the lift on My 93 I used the poly bushings but didn't reuse anything from the old ones and it didn't say to use them on the instructions either. After 3 years they still look great.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a Fastenal dealer near you check there. Even an ACE hardware.

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The holes in the two rear sets of cab mounts are nearly 1" in diameter (guessing, not measured) and the bolts are 1/2", so I assume there has to be a sleeve in there. Thanks for the help guys!

Here are the destructions! :)

Attachments

• poly mounts.jpg
    poly mounts.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 13
  • poly mounts 2.jpg
    poly mounts 2.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 8