Cab and frame stretching the cheap and easy way.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of turning the All American into a crew cab dually from a regular cab dually cookoo this summer.

Anybody within about 500 miles have a 2wd '87 - '93 crew cab they want to donate (or sell very cheap to get it hauled off) rather than throw away. All I need is the frame, complete cab, driveshaft and complete interior. Prefferably on 4 tires that hold air so I can use my tow bar.

I don't really need the front clip, bed, engine & trans as what I already have is in excellent condition but I would like to have a front clip from a '92 - 97 as it looks alot nicer than the flat '87 - '91 clip.

Suggestions welcome because the custom paint bug has hit me again so the paint's gonna fly this summer.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i know where a 92 crew srw is has a busted up front but has a parts truck for the front clip, it is a 5.8 auto it was bought to be fixed but he never did, and i talked him into selling it. so let me know.. he had to find out what he paid for it?

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Family growing ?:D :angel:
I'll keep my good eye peeled for one ;Sweet

Hope santa was good to ya :hail

:eek:No Buddy, Family's not growing:backoff SWONK (If it does I'm going to sue the doctor :mad: )

Had a great Xmas and Santa brought me exactly what I wanted....A quick hitch for my Kubota so I don't have to fight with changing implements anymore;Sweet .

A Regular cab with a 5 speed is just tooooooooo small when I do long trips with the wife, daughter and dog. I also want to build and paint one last ride before I can't do this stuff anymore.

i know where a 92 crew srw is has a busted up front but has a parts truck for the front clip, it is a 5.8 auto it was bought to be fixed but he never did, and i talked him into selling it. so let me know.. he had to find out what he paid for it?

I'm definatly interested

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to have a '86 CC body and frame in the next two months that will need to find a new home or the crusher.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to have a '86 CC body and frame in the next two months that will need to find a new home or the crusher.

Is she in Texas or Cali, My folks are in the DFW area so I get down there once in a while.

Awww man, reg cab duallys always looked cool to me. Don't see to many and I'm sure someone would love to have it.

It's a damn good dependable truck, looks good too and I don't want to risk selling it and ending up with somebodies lemon when my mechanicals are as close to perfect as they are. swapping my mechanicals, front clip, & bed onto another chassis is'nt a hard job

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a damn good dependable truck, looks good too and I don't want to risk selling it and ending up with somebodies lemon when my mechanicals are as close to perfect as they are. swapping my mechanicals, front clip, & bed onto another chassis is'nt a hard job
Don't feel bad. I've been killing RC trucks for some now:eek: The parts are far more valuable for SC's and CC's

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always do what I did to the Moose Truck, if you can find an outfit that is still making the full drop bottom sleeper cap. When my family grew, I stuck that thing on there and added some seats out of the back of a Ranger. Got me by for quite a number of years, and will still do in a pinch.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kali.
most, if not all of my parts depot is in Kali for the time being-cuss
Unfortunatly that won't work out to good but thanks for the offer

Don't feel bad. I've been killing RC trucks for some now:eek: The parts are far more valuable for SC's and CC's

Doesn't bother me a bit to chop something up, I've been doing it my whole life.

You could always do what I did to the Moose Truck, if you can find an outfit that is still making the full drop bottom sleeper cap. When my family grew, I stuck that thing on there and added some seats out of the back of a Ranger. Got me by for quite a number of years, and will still do in a pinch.

I was looking for one last summer with no luck. The problem now is I've grown to like the winch I installed in the toolbox to help me load heavy stuff I can't mess with because of my disabilities and it has to stay now.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Try Government auctions.There was some crew cab gassers over here not too long ago and some 7.3L standard duals that sold for under and around a grand.One said fuel leak on top of engine(RETURN LINE!!!),another bad tranny,runs great,then there were the gassers that were drivers.Crew cab SRW mid 90s models.Think all 4 went for around 6-800 bucks.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
There's an 85 or so crew cab gasser around here for sale. I've been eyeing it for years, but as soon as I popped the hood I stopped looking. I could take a closer gander if you want.

Of course it's a long way from NE Indiana and Eastern NC.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Government auctions.There was some crew cab gassers over here not too long ago and some 7.3L standard duals that sold for under and around a grand.One said fuel leak on top of engine(RETURN LINE!!!),another bad tranny,runs great,then there were the gassers that were drivers.Crew cab SRW mid 90s models.Think all 4 went for around 6-800 bucks.

Thanks for the reminder on that. Checked it out and only 2 at auction right now in FL

There's an 85 or so crew cab gasser around here for sale. I've been eyeing it for years, but as soon as I popped the hood I stopped looking. I could take a closer gander if you want.

Of course it's a long way from NE Indiana and Eastern NC.

Thanks, A running gasser would be ideal as they are quite often cheaper than a diesel but I'll pass on that as it's a bit too far and I'm trying to stay below the rust belt as the truck I have now doesn't have a spec of rust on the body. I would go further than 500 miles if it's enroute or close to the DFW area. Dents are easy to fix, rust is impossible to stop.

Of course it would suit me fine to go halves on a truck with someone who wanted the IDI engine and tranny out it too.