Bronco progess

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel-
i have the part and packaging it tonite from one of the boxes residing on top of the suburban. The post office where I live at down in Morgan Hill has no line, so I will be mailing from there friday.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Calvin. Sorry to be a pain. I'm shooting for a January debut on the road. It's getting closer every day. Somebody asked how I prepped the frame. I'm afraid it's called a spray can. Also somebody asked how many hours are into it. At this point it is hard to guess, but I'll say 50. More than would be needed by many people, but I'm particular. I've also had to take more short cuts than I would like to have, but I've had to balance my time, the weather, and $$ available to get the desired results.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I've also had to take more short cuts than I would like to have, but I've had to balance my time, the weather, and $$ available to get the desired results.

Ya, you have to do that. Especially the $ part. You could easily go broke with a project like this if you try to gold plate everything. But at the same time, you have to end up with quality results. Tough balancing act.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
soulpatchfr said:
not sure that's what Scott meant, but i didn't notice it until you mentioned it... see this pic vs. this one Mel.

Been away for a while. The paint & trim was throwing me off. I didn't remember there being a crease in the bottom of the 87 - 91 panels that would match up the the 86 stuff. I looked more closely & saw it. I don't dispute the fact that I'm an idiot, I just live with it :D. Mel, I have that RABS info if you want it. How's the bronco look on those tires? Just right, too small? Pics?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pics are coming, but I need to wait until I have one of the side pipes mounted for full effect. :Sly looks great!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad weather is cramping my style this past weekend, but I did manage to get all the interior back in, except for a couple of kick panels that I've left off for now to do some more wiring. At this stage, I believe I am very close to getting it on the road. Probably just an exhaust system away.... I know, pics are still owed.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've decided to streight pipe it for now. Since no muffler is required for inspection, and it's cold and snowy these days, I'll just wait for warmer weather to re-engineer the exhaust. That will help me out with some of the Christmas bills too. I want to get this puppy on the road! Pics soon.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Well, I've decided to streight pipe it for now. Since no muffler is required for inspection,

Only if Bob looks the other way! To quote Miss Utility "It's the law!" I need to talk to John and get over to York mine expires in January. I have a leak in the tail pipe that I hope he does not notice! :angel:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alrighty Mel - that's three posts in a row promising pics... :backoff .

Congrats on the progress - to bad about the Inspection crap that must be a real pain in the butt!

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
ericboutin said:
Alrighty Mel - that's three posts in a row promising pics... :backoff .

I 2nd that! Bring on the Pics!

BTW Your project has got me looking at every Bronco I see for sale with the evil eye. :Sly Not to mention a few Scouts...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is, it's dark every night when I get home, and I've not been home on the weekends during daylight either. I'll keep trying! -Lame

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Problem is, it's dark every night when I get home, and I've not been home on the weekends during daylight either. I'll keep trying! -Lame

You know they make a thing called a Flash....Some require a powder called flash powder to be layed across a bar.......of maybe you have a newer one that requires screwed in bulbs....... :rotflmao cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, you guys are tough. LOL Flash is only good for 10-12 feet, and I gotta get back farther than that. Probably Friday will be my chance. We got an ice storm headed our way. I'll slide down and get you an encrusted ice shot, just before my head hits the frozen ground under the truck. :santa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online