Broke something again.. pic

mr_smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you guys saying I can take the 6.9 #1 fuel line off and just use my adapter? Or are you saying that I can take the 6.9 line off and put it directly on without even using the adapter..

Gary, I definitely value you weighing in on this, you helped me out before and I know you know your **** when it comes to these old trucks. I am having a bit of trouble clarifying what you are saying.. Is it because the van idi had the adapter in a different place? If so, how would that #1 line and my (parts) f350 6.9 line be different? Also, wouldn't that screw up the timing on the 7.3 or is the line longer?

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
You can use the 6.9 without the adapter. If you use a 7.3 (truck) line you need the adapter because the line is shorter to compensate for the length of the adapter.

iverger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you have both lines off, you should be able to compare and/or measure the length. The most important thing being that the line length remain the same. To prove ToughOldFord out the length of the 6.9 without adapter should be the same as the 7.3 with adapter......simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online