Broke on the side of the road after putting in new tank

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Anyone know the part number on these o-rings? I just did my FSV and now the truck is leaking air pretty badly
Yeah, easier to just replace the fitting.
I went in to fastenal and matched them up. If you look for threads in the 7.3 powerstroke section, you may find my thread. Something along the lines of "fuel problems."

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just get new quick connects.
Yeah, easier to just replace the fitting.
I went in to fastenal and matched them up. If you look for threads in the 7.3 powerstroke section, you may find my thread. Something along the lines of "fuel problems."

Sounds good, can’t wait to take another diesel bath -cuss

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IME, the quick disconnects line to suck air. They have orings in them, but a total PITA to replace. If you aren't running the TSV, I would bypass with some rubber hose. Basically slip it over the sending unit connector and clamp it.

The above is what I do, works perfectly fine. No weird fitting to deal with.

To hook the sending unit up, just get some 5/16 and 3/8 rubber fuel hose and some clamps. Cut that o-ring fitting mess off the plastic line. Cut 6 inch pieces of the 5/16 and the 3/8 line and slip the one end over the sending unit metal pipe, and slide the plastic fuel line up inside the rubber hose. Go ahead and slide 3 or 4 inches of the plastic line up in the rubber hose. Clamp both ends with hose clamps. When you clamp the rubber hose onto the plastic line, tighten the clamp till it just starts squeezing the hose just a little bit. Don't over do it, you could collapse the plastic line inside.

I have run my truck like this for years with no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online