Brand New Used Truck

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck is looking good. not sure how this thread got past me. sometimes i spend an hour or two looking through restoration threads

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice build! You may want to fold over the seam at the bottom of the firewall while the cab is off.

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for turbo plumbing. Also, in my case, the extra room would have been nice for the zf-5 swap.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, now the nit-picky things are starting to get addressed. I have a few items I need help with:
1) Does anyone know where I can get the belt lines for the rear doors? Mine are shot and close to scratching the windows.

Found em! Well, actually another member did after a WTB in the Marketplace forum...
http://npd.dirxion.com/WebProject.asp?BookCode=iot11flx&archival=1&from=2#
National Parts Depot... Page 179 if the link doesn't direct properly..
Think you want E 25596 Weather strip door frame. Looks like the "beltline" strip is the piece on bottom of the glass with the track for the crank...

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! The last NPD book I looked in didn't show them as available.

Hey, although I found the part number I'm not sure how to order them... I couldn't click on them like the other parts so not positive on availability, but that is definitely the part number. You may need to make a phone call and find out for sure.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am finally back to working on this project again. I got sucked in by tractor pulling last summer and that ate a lot of time.

As it sits right now I have the cab bolted down and the bed just set on the frame. I have to repaint the tailgate and two doors. I noticed low spots in the metal that I couldn't see until I got a gloss coat of paint on it and could see the reflections. The paint did oxidize a little while sitting but a coat of paste wax and it was back to new. I am going to be ordering parts over the summer to get this thing back together. I now have a factory turbo engine to swap in that I just pulled last weekend.