Brakes

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
My brakes stop me real good now since I got all the bugs worked out of them. I can stop with regular applied brake pedel and all is fine, but if I slam on my brakes I get a real bad smell of burnt brakes, is this normal for new brakes, possibly just wearing in or do I have a stuck caliper?

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the pads have not been bedded in you can get a burnt smell, if they have a fe miles on them it could be that the compound is too soft and they are overheating....in short, no its not normal...I can stand on my brakes at 60 mph 2 or 3 times in succession and not get a burning smell

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
if the pads have not been bedded in you can get a burnt smell, if they have a fe miles on them it could be that the compound is too soft and they are overheating....in short, no its not normal...I can stand on my brakes at 60 mph 2 or 3 times in succession and not get a burning smell

X2

PZ

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i musta been slipping. what did you do to fix the mushy pedal??

red7.3

Reaction score
Mine was mushy I just bled the brakes like crazy, and also adjusted the rear brakes manually. The adjusters on these trucks don't like to auto adjust so you have to adjust them manually. A lot of your pedal feel comes from the drum brakes.