Brake question update

Haulinhorse

Reaction score
Just wanted thank all you guys for the input and information on the compression brake issue. Turns out that there were compression fittings on the lines and they are illegal for Pa. inspection(but it had passed at previous owners garage last year) I called the previous owner and asked him about it and also told him about the new starter assembly I had to install which was a year old??!!! He agreed to have my mechanic do the lines on his dime and that starter assembly was under warranty and I got my money back on that!!!!! Soooooo that had me flying high all day UNTIL....drum roll please...my mechanic said I think the head gasket is bad!!!!!!! I think my head gasket in my brain is going to explode. Fortunately, this guy looks out for me and he is calling the former owner to pick his brain about this issue!!!!! Saga continues...I hate drama! Not my circus...not my monkeys. So we shall see~~~~~

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, one step forward two steps back!

Did he say why he thinks the head gasket is bad?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes a lot more sense compression fitting , then compression brake which is a completely different
thing.

Hopefully it is something else besides the head gasket.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
You assumed correctly and you should start every day like that!
I have to admit that I was pretty sure I saw you say that you're a woman and that's the only reason that I said what I did. True, it would be nice, but since I'm about the same as a confirmed bachelor, it's not as easy as it used to be. Whatever my cats do to me first thing in the morning doesn't count either!;) One has his face in mine as soon as I move and the other one wants to sniff me if I talk to him. NOT the same thing as a woman's kiss!:(