Boys, meet The Crossbreed

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I'm gonna try two pics, outside, and inside, so y'all know I'm not pullin your leg.

Attachments

• crossbreed1.jpg
    crossbreed1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 363

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
And another...

Well, guess I gotta thank Whitmore for lettin me in on the photo secrets.

Attachments

• crossbreed2.jpg
    crossbreed2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 333

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Looks good, but it looks more like my '81 Jimmy than it does the '91 I had. Slap an intercooler on that thing already!:D

Oh great, you're taking "internet ettiquite" from Whitmore???:eek: ;Poke :peelout

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Not bad lookin but where are the duals on the rear?:confused: Needs and inercooler but that is the exact motor I have! Come on over to Diesel-Central and they will show ya how to bomb it. most powerful first gen out thier known is KTA-Cummins. Up over 480 RWHP on VE pump!;)

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Yes and No

Here in the ******** of American, assembled vehicles are titled by the date of assembly, not by the model year of the major components.

As such, it is a 91 Dodge chassis, an 82 Chevy cab(Silverado interior), and an 85 GMC front clip, assembled sometime before 01-01-1992. Did I mention that it is running under a Nebraska applied VIN. (Anyone got a headache, yet?)

As for Whitmore, I just happened to see him giving photo advice to another newbie like me, and swiped a bit of it.

As for the intercooler, I wish. There isn't even room for a mechanical fan.-cuss
Its got 1 electric on the back and 2 on the front, so finding room to stuff an intercooler in front of the condensor, probably aint happening.:rotflmao

The only time I run the bald duals, is when I hafta go embarrass the blue oval boys. I take a lot of ribbing about my old bald Kumho's, until they see me pull 123 on a 150 track. Funny the 2nd place was 109. Hmmmm....it was a 24V dually. If I'm not mistaken that makes the strokers not 1st, but 2nd rate losers.

Maybe It's just better to be lucky than good.:angel:
I'm sure I'll take a beatin one of these days. There's always a faster gun.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
BTW, in case you didn't notice, that is a 6" stack.

I snagged it out of the scrap pile at work.

Whit

Reaction score
Pakrat, looks good dude, gotta respect someone who can take a bunch of misfit stuff and put it together and make it go down the road, sounds like it runs well..........................what that thing weigh in at???

Tim, shame on you ...................ya knew I was a puter guru didnt ya LOL

Cheers, Kevin

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I wish I could take credit for this one, but I'm actually the 3rd owner. All I've done so far is reman the flatbed, and mod the exhaust. Both the builder and the previous owner were farmers, so it has had a rough life.

Weighed in at just over 7000 at the County Fair Pull. With the push bar, hydraulic pump, and stinger, I should be right at 7300.

It does pull well, even with 3.54's. The morning of the Alton Jubilee Pull, I lifted the back end of a dead Freightshaker conventional, and dragged it around the backyard at the truck shop.

Freightshaker for breakfast, Strokers for supper. Damn, I better get it on an exercise program before it gets fat.