Box Dimensions for canopy

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting a canopy for my F250, but want a cab height, rather than high-rise. Turns out they are hard to find second hand since most back in the 80s and early 90s wanted the high-rise style.

I came across some info that early superduty fords had the same bed cap dimensions but I haven't been able to confirm this.

1980-1996 should have 100" x 72" with parallel sides (newer trucks tend to narrow at the back for better aero). Does anyone know if the SD trucks have the same dimensions?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't honestly know. The one on my F350 came off an 86 Chevy truck. If the rain lets up I can probably snag a measurement for you.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the cap I mentioned. Sounds like size wise it's what you want?

My measurements say it's 73" wide (at the base), 100" long and 22.5" tall. Same height as the cab roof.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four different people, in two different countries and we have four different names for "That thing what goes on a truck bed to keep the rain out" lol!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a bed cover? how many different names can we come up with for that? LOL

I was hoping to find a fiberglass style similar to this:

You must be registered for see images

Doesn't have to be fancy with flush windows, but the idea was to get a little better aero for highway cruising. I don't need the extra height even if I do use it for camping one day. For anything bigger, the cap simply comes off, or it gets towed on a trailer.

But like I said, most are this style:

Or this:

Not that those look bad, but the trailing wake behind a high-rise will burn a little extra fuel.
You must be registered for see images

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have another name for those I’ve heard but it’s not very fitting for this forum... I’ll let y’all think it up. It’s like that one tent joke :rolleyes:

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blanket, quilt, sheet, comforter, etc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You forgot "doona" :) :)

And if you really want to confuse things try work out why the Aussies call jandals , flipflops , or slops a pair of thongs ..... how you can get a set of womens fancy knickers mixed up with footwear is a question only an Aussie could answer !!! :)

Last edited:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not an Aussie thing. Over here, decades before women started wearing undies that.... scanty, thongs were something you wore on your feet. It's only recently that the footwear has taken on a new name, for obvious reasons.

Odd that you can't find a cab-height topper. Around here, they're much more common than the high-top. That said, esp. for one that slopes upward, I doubt the fuel economy difference would be significant.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.