Bought a new new truck yesterday!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats funny... Seeing the bad side that was not in the sale pics... Nice buy too. The engine is an easy fix but the body work would kick me in the junk... I'm not good at body work...

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the engine is any easy fix. I keep worrying about cavitation.

My little brother and I pulled the heads off this weekend. I believe every bit of the 96 pounds I was told. I yanked em out manifolds and all too.

Anyway, the drivers side head is a pile of junk most likely. I'd like to believe that it's cracked enough to account for the hydrolock issue. But I don't even know if it IS cracked? The head for hole #5 does however, look like the surface of the moon. The engine is a Dealers Diesel reman. When? IDK? It looks to me like that head had encountered some repeated abuse with a broken glow plug in a previous life. I think they reused that head on this block, because the cylinder and piston look fine. I'll put pics up tomorrow.

The truck smoked like crazy (diesel not coolant) and cylinder 5 didn't pull its weight. When the line was cracked for #5 the smoke cleared up and it ran the same. I'm wondering if the valves aren't seating good enough or if the head is indeed cracked bad enough release enough compression to cause this? Anyway, That head is a pile of junk and I need to find a decent replacement.

One of the injector nozzles came apart in the passenger side head. Other wise that side is fine. Hopefully I can get that nozzle out or I'm hosed on that one as well. Also, I did not find any obvious carbon trails of a blown head gasket. I'm really hoping that goofed up head is the culprit for all of this, and not the block worm.

Pics to come!

Last edited:

Danoflapper

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Crappy cell phone pics is better than nothing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online