Boot Retainer for Calipers

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't exist in parts stores :mad: :mad: I have run all round town trying to find one and ended up buying a new caliper.

I was replacing the pads and while compressing the piston I hear a crack and the boot retainer ring fell off. I ordered the seal rebuild kit only to find after waiting a day and picking up it didn't come w/ the kit. After visiting the dealer and several other parts stores I relaized I would have to buy a new caliper because the part isn't found anywhere :( Had I know this I would have bought the caliper to start and not wasted a day and 1.2 waiting -cuss

So be forewarned lol

Now to replace the caliper and bleed the brakes :D

LA350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I managed to ease everything together with ease and together w/ my darling wife drained the brake fluid and added fresh then bled the air. I need to buy the left side caliper, not that it wasn't working I would just prefer to have a matched set, 2 new vs. 1 old and 1 new, I guess.

Brake lines were toast, dry cracking rubber casing. The old caliper wouldn't bleed so I removed the valve and scrubbed the rust off then drilled out the orifice, flushed w/ PB Blaster, then reinstalled. The fluid coming out was like muddy water (rust), but I flushed it clean.

Stops like a champ now. :)

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear it worked out for you and you got the bleeder out! Up here replacing a brake line usually means replacing the calipers and wheel cylinders too. ANY brake work I do that requires bleeding gets antisieze on the bleeder screws.