Boost increase

thirstyram

Reaction score
Anyone know the best way to increase boost? I bought a turboxs adjustable high performance boost controller. I dialed it in to about 30psi, but the problem is now I don't have any or very little boost when I'm cruising. Before this I had installed a fuel plate that came with an elbow with a very small orofice. With that I get about 5 psi while cruising. What should I have? Any help would be appreciated, Justin

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less boost at cruise means the motor is barely working, and you'll get better economy. Are you sure you have no boost leaks now?

thirstyram

Reaction score
Boost leaks

I don't think I have any boost leaks now. all the rubber looks good and I tightened up all the clamps.:dunno

058hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the inter cooler boots to make sure they are not leaking.

LostSoul

Reaction score
I installed an adjustable waste gate and have it set for 30PSI and it will actually hit 34PSI peak. I am still hitting 5-7PSI cruising depending on grade.

thirstyram

Reaction score
Thanks for your help everyone. I just put in a set of 75hp DDP injectors and my max boost went from 25 to almost 35;

Last edited:

Big AL

Reaction score
Hey Thirsty...I have the same truck as you and also have done a few of the things you have...do the upgraded injectors make a big diff and do you loose mpg...Tnx

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
MPG should not go down unless you start using the new found power then it will drop like a rock but then again the truck is accelerating like a rocket. I had a P-pumped cummins with a #10 fuel plate, AFC kit, 370 injectors, massaged Turbo, high flow exhaust man, straight pipped, bhaf, 191 delivery valves, timing advanced to 16.3 degrees, strapped to a NV4500 with SBC CONO Clutch and she turned 22mpg on a daily basis and that was with me at least 2-4 times a day rolling coal from a stop light just for funs and giggles. When I would get her out on the highway and NOT roll the smoke she did turn 24mpg (but that only happened a few times because I liked the power and the feeling of being held in my seat). But when I went and played with her hard I could run the mileage down to 8-10 mpg when showing off what she could do.... so by upgrading the power output you actually increase the mileage but YOU CAN"T USE THE POWER!