Bolts,bolts, and bolts....

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Ok i need the flywheel to crank bolts, the pressure plate to flywheel bolts and the bellhousing to motor bolts. any idea where i can get these?does ARP carry them?

Thanks,
-Jon

suv7734

Reaction score
Try your local transmission shop or the wrecking yard. The pressure plate bolts and bellhousing bolts shouldn't be a big deal even from the dealer but the flywheel to crank bolts are very 'precious' to Mr. Ford for some reason. I needed one for a truck a while ago and didn't have time to wait so it was $7.99 for one bolt!

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
i went to fastenal to get the bolts i needed... ended up being a hell of alot cheaper than the dealer :D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bellhousing bolts can use 351 w head bolts for the 4 longer ones.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
it's from a '86 f-350. well a buddy of mine works at a local ford dealer and owes me a favor....we'll see what he can find. ;Sweet a friend of mine told me not to use grade 8 bolts from the hardware store as they may be "too hard" and sheer easily, i guess i can understand that, i would assume that these bolts may be treated a certain way.

i just figured it may have been easier to look into ARP bolts, my friends usually hook me up pretty good at the local parts store.

-Jon