Bolt Pattern

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the bolt pattern for a 1990 DRW? I am looking at buying a set of wheel spacers. My tires are too close when fully loaded:eek:

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they were all 8x6.5 until they changed to 8x170 in like 99 or whenever they did that. SRW or DRW shouldnt matter i dont believe.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
8 0n 6.5 untill the 99 superduyts. they went to 8 on 170mm

What tires are you running that they are too close when running loaded? You should have a 85 series tire

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
85 series refers to the height of the sidewall not the width. In a 195 / 75 R15 it states that the tread is 195mm wide with 75% of the width will be the sidewall height and for a 15inch rim. A 225 / 85 R16 and a 225 / 75 R16 the tires are the same width but the 85 series tire will be taller. Dually's take skinny tires they should not touch at all - if they do it can cause them to wear the tire out via the sidewall - not pretty....

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do understand that the tires should not touch at all;Sweet I would prefer not to hear the big Kaboom and then start picking up fender flair on the side of the road.

I am running Goodyear Work Horse 235/85R16. These are the tires that were on the truck when I bought it. It was a fuel truck on the Mexican boarder for years. they have about 90% plus on tread so I really do not want to change them out. Wheel spacers are the next move.

I have not witnessed them touching but I can see a light mark on the side wall where then have touched at one point. Camper plus trailer plus jeep plus all the family camping BS= loaded

If someone is interested in a tire trade let me know:thumbsup:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do understand that the tires should not touch at all;Sweet I would prefer not to hear the big Kaboom and then start picking up fender flair on the side of the road.

I am running Goodyear Work Horse 235/85R16. These are the tires that were on the truck when I bought it. It was a fuel truck on the Mexican boarder for years. they have about 90% plus on tread so I really do not want to change them out. Wheel spacers are the next move.

I just went through this like a week or two ago, only with General Grabber AT2 tires, same 235/85-16 size tho. The problem is us both have 2wd trucks which have wheels that are not offset enough to accommodate the 235/85-16 tires. The proper solution would be a set of 4x4-specific dually wheels, however finding those used is like finding a needle in a haystack - next best thing would be van-specific dually wheels, but those ain't much of an improvement in the situation... I went with a pair of 5/16" spacers off ebay, they are the kind that just slips on the factory studs between the two wheels, I wanted 1/2" really but those would allow only 8 of the 10 threads cut in the lug nuts to engage the studs, and that's just not a good idea IMHO - with the 5/16" spacers the lugnuts are fully on the studs and there is a little thread sticking out, I think 3/8" spacers would have really been the ideal thickness but I never found any of those, so 5/16" it was. I'm currently loaded down with a camper that looks like it's a bit larger than yours, no water in the tanks but I got two tool chests full to the brim plus all sorts of logging chains and stuff on the side and parked on uneven ground I have 3/4" clearance between the tires all around except at the very bottom where there's still at least 1/4" space... These are the spacers I bought, guy shipped them out very quick and they arrived quick too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Wh...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I just went through this like a week or two ago, only with General Grabber AT2 tires, same 235/85-16 size tho. The problem is us both have 2wd trucks which have wheels that are not offset enough to accommodate the 235/85-16 tires. The proper solution would be a set of 4x4-specific dually wheels, however finding those used is like finding a needle in a haystack - next best thing would be van-specific dually wheels, but those ain't much of an improvement in the situation... I went with a pair of 5/16" spacers off ebay, they are the kind that just slips on the factory studs between the two wheels, I wanted 1/2" really but those would allow only 8 of the 10 threads cut in the lug nuts to engage the studs, and that's just not a good idea IMHO - with the 5/16" spacers the lugnuts are fully on the studs and there is a little thread sticking out, I think 3/8" spacers would have really been the ideal thickness but I never found any of those, so 5/16" it was. I'm currently loaded down with a camper that looks like it's a bit larger than yours, no water in the tanks but I got two tool chests full to the brim plus all sorts of logging chains and stuff on the side and parked on uneven ground I have 3/4" clearance between the tires all around except at the very bottom where there's still at least 1/4" space... These are the spacers I bought, guy shipped them out very quick and they arrived quick too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Wh...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I have heard about the whole 2wd having different wheels thing but i have seen NUMEROUS 2wds with 235/85/16s and never had any issues. These were all 87-97 trucks

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a drw axle thats running 285/75s. The tires are touching but when I loaded them they didnt seem to bulge together. The truck was a 4x4 cc drw so it is possible that the rims are different. Ill have to compare them to the ones on the stock cc drw thats sitting right next to it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard about the whole 2wd having different wheels thing but i have seen NUMEROUS 2wds with 235/85/16s and never had any issues. These were all 87-97 trucks
I didn't have issues with my old tires, they were more of an all-season highway tire tho. Before them I had Pathfinder ATRs (look just like BFG A/T) and they came somewhat close, but these Grabbers I git now are the fattest of them all and without spacers they do touch slightly at the bottom when I load up my big camper in the bed... So I guess it mostly depends on the particular tires used?

Ive got a drw axle thats running 285/75s. The tires are touching but when I loaded them they didnt seem to bulge together. The truck was a 4x4 cc drw so it is possible that the rims are different. Ill have to compare them to the ones on the stock cc drw thats sitting right next to it.
Just find the 5-digit number stamped right after the Accuride or Firestone name on the deep side of the wheels, it will tell us all about what wheels you have on each truck :D

Shaguardriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. I did not see the other responses till now. I was looking at that same set of wheel spacers on ebay.:thumbsup:

Mine is a 2wd and not the 4x4 but it will soon have a dana 60 in the front.:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online