blower motor question

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
hey all my blower motor quit working today. It does not come on on any speed and the voltmeter in the dash does not show any load when it is turned on. figured it was something easy and checked the fuse and I found it melted into the box. replaced it and the motor still does nothing on any speed. I know about the resistor pack but thought that the blower would come on on high. I have read that the variable speed is controlled by resistors on the ground side. how does the selector change between these resistors and i would assume the fuse is on the hot side so what in the world would cause the damn fuse to melt like that??? The blower motor is only a few years old as an aftermarket unit from oreillys.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If it got hot enough to melt the fuse, most likely a wire is melted somewhere. The blower motor could be seized. I never ran mine because it also is melted around the fuse. The one time I tried it, it worked for a bit and I noticed my gauges were going loopy so I turned it off. When I turned it back on it popped the fuse. Now I pulled the tranny to put in my 94 so I haven't messed with it.