Blending WMO suggestions??

wmoguy

Reaction score
I have had this car about 4 years, but I just started using WMO about a month ago. Guess I would not be the best person to ask.
My current trouble with the WMO is quite strange- the car starts great! But it feels like the turbo will not spool on WMO fuel. I believe I have the flash point adjusted okay, its just something else? but what? viscosity?

timing?

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its off might be easier to adjust fuel than reset timing. I get good cold starts, so I think my flash point is okay. Just don't get the power I used to feel from the turbo spooling up when getting on the freeway. Unlike my IDI truck with DB2 pump, this car has a Bosch p-pump IP. I believe that is making the difference.

I know I have read some guys here are using jetA fuel, others K1. So now I am thinking I should try a blend with WMO/K1 and see how the car responds. I just don't know how much K1 to start with?

kerrynzl

Reaction score
My goal right now is to run 50/50. When I first started I had about 25% ATF in my mix and all was good. Now my mix is 50% motor oil/ 50% diesel #2, and Howe's diesel treat, no more ATF supply. So now I am getting more smoke and less power, and higher EGT's. What went wrong? Is it the lack of ATF?
I have not been using RUG at all. Would adding RUG solve my smoke problem and lower EGT's? should I add 25% kerosene in my mix to make it better?

I do not have the wmo supply to run W85 for my car and 2 trucks and tractor & still fuel my waste oil heater, so help me make a good 50/50 blend.

I've been running WATF in the 90-95% range blended with gasoline for a few years now. My WATF source has dried up so I've switched to WMO 80% .
You need to advance the timing as far as possible when Idling to get that "Diesel Knock" restored.

But if your engine has more smoke and less power , I am willing to bet that the injector holes have coked up leaving a little pin hole for them to spray through.

Pull the injectors out and ream the hole out with a hand held drill-bit ,turn the engine over on the starter to blow out the carbon ! Then re-install the injectors [re-use the copper fire rings up to about 8X ]

I do this maintenance proceedure on a monthly basis [approx 1 hour for me ] because of this I have been driving for years on Waste OIL as my primary fuel. [ I use about 12 gallons of Diesel fuel per year ]

Cheers Kerry

Attachments

• Blocked Injector hole Showing Pinhole.jpg
    Blocked Injector hole Showing Pinhole.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC05864.jpg
    DSC05864.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 7

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How far is possible with our idi's ? I know all are not, equal but please give me an example of yours or someone else truck, so I can know what I am heading towards with moving timing. still staying in a usable healthy range. so I dont create a different problem.

I've been running WATF in the 90-95% range blended with gasoline for a few years now. My WATF source has dried up so I've switched to WMO 80% .
You need to advance the timing as far as possible when Idling to get that "Diesel Knock" restored.

But if your engine has more smoke and less power , I am willing to bet that the injector holes have coked up leaving a little pin hole for them to spray through.

Pull the injectors out and ream the hole out with a hand held drill-bit ,turn the engine over on the starter to blow out the carbon ! Then re-install the injectors [re-use the copper fire rings up to about 8X ]

I do this maintenance proceedure on a monthly basis [approx 1 hour for me ] because of this I have been driving for years on Waste OIL as my primary fuel. [ I use about 12 gallons of Diesel fuel per year ]

Cheers Kerry