BLACK SHEEP

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone read that article in Diesel Power?

Stroked cummins w/21:1 comp. and 80psi boost=891hp.

Somebody figured out how to combine high comp and boost!!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
its one thing to make that once, another to be able to daily drive. Back in the day when i owned a cummins, i ran the stock HG with arp's. I blew the head gasket the first time i found out that the guy who built my motor didn;t torque the studs correctly. I replaced the head gasket retorqued and retorqued again once i got a couple of heat cycles in. That motor ran 70-80psi with no issues. I see alot of hot rod cummins owners getting fire rings but i don't like them in a daily driver. they expand at different rates then the other material in the engine.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So far im running around 20 psi daily on a idi with stock headbolts and new gaskets, my compression is 20.7:1

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
i thought someone said the IDIs dont have strong bottom ends

No the IDI has a good bottom end. Its not usually a problem when under designed stress loads.

Check this out
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

ford 7.3 IDI and IDIT rods.

Lot of rotating mass for the cummins though.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
well what boost do you think we could push cause my buddys common rail might be gettin a bigger turbo so were planin on putin it on the 6.9 dont worry were lookin into designing a set up already planin we want to see what the ole 6.9 will take

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i figure 30 lbs is obtainable with overtorqued head studs but have not got to testing
the twin compound i had planned would be 30-60 the point just below failure
but the issue was how far could it go
that 1200 hp idi was a beast running a ton of boost but the block was like jello

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i figure 30 lbs is obtainable with overtorqued head studs but have not got to testing
the twin compound i had planned would be 30-60 the point just below failure
but the issue was how far could it go
that 1200 hp idi was a beast running a ton of boost but the block was like jello

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
well what boost do you think we could push cause my buddys common rail might be gettin a bigger turbo so were planin on putin it on the 6.9 dont worry were lookin into designing a set up already planin we want to see what the ole 6.9 will take

my buddy has an 03 that we were running 50, compound turbo with stock gasket/bolts. No issues for 2 years running at that pressure. Introduced spray and bye bye.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be sweet to run a psd charger.....it would seem that if you can keep the block together, and get enough cold air, and enough fuel that you could build some serious power with these blocks...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

on a stock engine who knows, i can tell you there has been people that has blowed the headgaskets at 10psi,

Now that being said i have ran over 10psi since the day i put my turbo on, i didnt hook the wastegate up when i put it on i immediatly unhooked it and later wired it shhut so the drive pressure wouldnt open the wastegate,

I guess for around a month now i have been running close to 20psi daily it reall fun to be rolling along about 2300rpm and 6psi of boost, and just floor it and watch the boost jump to 13psi and then steadily climb and getting layed back in the seat is awesome, but i know at anytime i could blow the headgaskets, or the valley pan gaskets, but it sure is fun while its lastingLOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.