Biggest load hauled to date with idi.

DragRag

Reaction score
I really didn't want to make to trips so I went a little heavy with this load. The truck would not go any faster then 57mph in 4th gear. Pulled Pacheco pass, which is a big one if you are not familiar, and steep. Had to actually drop down to first gear only doing 20mph with the flashers on. Didn't run it across the scale anywhere so i don't have an official weight, but I can tell you that tractor weighs about 10000, the trencher about 6500, trailer is about 2000 lbs. Not sure what the truck weighs with a flat bed, but I am guessing 9000. There is a fuel tank on the bed, and you will notice the bucket is full on the tractor to. The trailer brakes work great so no issue there, but with that much weight pulling the pass was a real *****. Yes I know I am over weight.:rotflmao

You must be registered for see images attach

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Sweet! ;Sweet

Did your coolant temp get out of hand at all? That's a lot of weight! :D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to say that trailer weighs more than 2000 with a triple axle. Recently had a 25' GN 14K tandem, trailer weight was 5200.

DragRag

Reaction score
I would venture to say that trailer weighs more than 2000 with a triple axle. Recently had a 25' GN 14K tandem, trailer weight was 5200.

It is a very narrow trailer (6'), but could weigh more. I don't want to embellish my figures at all, so I was trying to be conservative, it could weigh more though. The load may have pushed 30k all together, who knows for absolute sure, but it's right around that figure. I certainly don't want to do that every day.

On the coolant topic, I was good on water temp, and egt's. i need to turn up the pump in this truck, much more room to go there. I was only running at about 890 degrees on the egt meter. Mid point on the dummy gauge on the water temp.

Last edited:

heavyhauling

Reaction score
Im thinking that trailer would weight atleast 6000 lbs. A trailer that would weight 2000 would never think of handling 16500 lbs.

We have a 36 foot goosneck equipment trailer with three 10000lb axles and it weighs about 10000 lbs or a bit less.

Worstenemy453

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is the trailer. I have a twin axle equipment trailer that weighs right at 3K. Its an 18 foot, dove tail with a wooden deck.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck handled that load up Pacheco Pass better than my empty VW Bug did in '98 :shocked: :rotflmao

Thank goodness for working trailer brakes!! Did you have any sway issues? ...I know that dualies will handle sway better, but even still, that's quite a load :shocked:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The duallys look like they are squating just a bit and the front looks kinda light too... Glad you made it and didn't get to have a chp weigh slip....:sly

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

We have an all aluminum flat bed trailer (roughly 7 x 20 bed) and its around 1500lbs empty so I would agree its his is likely heavier than a mere 2000lbs.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For starters, the trailer itself is D.O.T. cop bait. He exceeds the 40' oal with the tow unit. the hitch can handle the weight, it's roughly a class 5 unit only if the total trailer weight is 15k. (But it's not) Third, the lighting isn't even close to being DOT compliant on the trailer.
Bottom line is the trailer is a rolling violation even empty. Throw a full load on it and you're going to jail.:eek:;Sweet:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent