Big electrical problem

SKimballC

Reaction score
Yup looks like it. I got a new fusible link and put everything back together and everything works.
Many thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I am really glad I was able to access the site when I had problems instead of being on the side of the road.
We are once again back on the road.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup looks like it. I got a new fusible link and put everything back together and everything works.
Many thanks for the info and suggestions guys. I am really glad I was able to access the site when I had problems instead of being on the side of the road.
We are once again back on the road.

:thumbsup: Have a safe trip and a great time Shane.

Mike

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Glad to see you're back on the road. Nothing worse than a barnsour truck :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Hopefully that will be the last of the mechanical adventures and you can get on with the trip ;Sweet

---------Robert

2manydsls

Reaction score
Fusable links description

Here's a little info on fusable links. A fusable link is just a short section of wire spliced into a circuit. The only catch is that the link is one gauge smaller than the main wire, creating a weak link. If the main wire is a 12 gauge, then the fusable link would be 14 gauge. If the power requirement of the circuit (spelled failure) exceeds the amperage rating of the main wire, the small wire blows (like a fuse) thereby saving the wiring harness from meltdown. The insulation on a fuseable link is made from fire retardent material. The black rubber capsule found on some links is only for identification and does not house any electrical components. The insulation is color coded, but can vary per manufacture.
Ross

2manydsls

Reaction score
Revised fuse link info

Fusable links description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a little info on fusable links. A fusable link is just a short section of wire spliced into a circuit. The only catch is that the link is one gauge smaller than the main wire, creating a weak link. If the main wire is a 12 gauge, then the fusable link would be 14 gauge. If the power requirement of the circuit (spelled failure) exceeds the amperage rating of the main wire, the small wire blows (like a fuse) thereby saving the wiring harness from meltdown. The insulation on a fuseable link is made from fire retardent material. The black rubber capsule found on some links is only for identification and does not house any electrical components. The insulation is color coded, but can vary per manufacture.
Ross

Upon doing a little reading this weekend, I found out that I included some wro,
wron, wr, incorrect info in the above description.
The fuse link is suppose to be 2 (TWO) wire sizes smaller than the main wire. Not 1 wire size as I stated in the above. IE if main wire is 12 gauge, fuse link wire should be 16 ga. Sorry for the error.:rolleyes:
Ross

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger