best sorce for replacemetn e40d

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because the E4OD / 4R100 is electronically controlled, you must be careful to check the associated sensors that are not part of the transmission. Many failures (and multiple failures) are the result of electrical failures.

Also when your transmission fails, it sends debris into the cooling circuit where it will wait to destroy your new transmission. The cooling circuit must be flushed and backflushed, and an inline filter installed in the return line to the transmission to catch any particles that remain in the cooler(s) after flushing.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If a guy was to swap to a C6, what kind if gear ratio's would be best? I have a spare E4OD here for my 91 (the one in my truck works great), it's out of a 97....I know I would need to swap a few parts to bolt it up but this tranny worked excellent before I pulled it. I also have a C6 from an 87 (6.9)....My truck has 3.55's in it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had the option of using either, I'd probably want to stick with the E4OD unless you have a Gear Vendors to throw behind the C6. That extra gear is worth a lot, even though the C6 is more reliable. A C6 with a GV is a way better combo than an E4OD.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
That's kinda what I was thinking, might be worth the money for a GV instead of a E40D if I ever have tranny troubles....I still have the spare E40d here to waste first...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger