Best place to get new injectors

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
IM in need of 5 NEW alliant power AD code injectors. Who's the cheapest on these. The first three I got were from UsDiesel.com parts a couple of years ago and they were $195 now they want over $255 each.

Really would rather have NEW not rebuilt just a preference thing.

thanks in advance.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Just for S+G :D have you considered going with some of Beans Stage 1's and a 4 pos chip from twildman :Sly :hail

Be just about $1k if I'm not mistaken ;Sweet

The math on your prices -8@ $195....you are already there.................

LINKY

The worst that can happen is you get this rediculos smile on your face :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want new not rebuilt..... your not going to fund much cheaper than 195/hole. But, as already stated, you can get them ALOT cheaper than that if you go the rebuilt route and if you choose, you can ask the rebuilder to make them squirt more. Bean is the man.

Why five? Your other three cant be much better (unless you replaced those recently?)

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Other three already have been replaced about 30,000 ago. And the truck is DEAD stock! With 250,000 miles on it and hauls over GVW regularly. also dead stock tranny witch I really don't want to have to sink $1500 bucks into for a torque converter and shift kit plus gauges and exhaust.

So performance injectors are really not an option. i wish i could still get the alliant power injectors for $195 but the LOWEST i could find them for now is $245

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Performance injectors will only flow stock fuel unless you chip it. If not, the PCM just delivers stock fuel. You can also have Bean build you some stock injectors if that is what you want to stick with. I understand you dillema with stock truck/stock tranny and not wanting to dump money into it for further upgrades.

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
I don't see the need for NEW injectors. The two most commom injector rebuilders around here are Bean and Swamps. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

If I had to go in and replace 5 injectors, I would order 8 injectors from Swamps, and do them all. If you have to pull both valve covers, it is easier to just fix everything while in there, glow plugs, change the harnesses, and valve cover gaskets. At around 1,000.00, and about one afternoon of your time turning wrenches, you'll be good to go.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
Dualie said:
IM in need of 5 NEW alliant power AD code injectors. Who's the cheapest on these. The first three I got were from UsDiesel.com parts a couple of years ago and they were $195 now they want over $255 each.

Really would rather have NEW not rebuilt just a preference thing.

thanks in advance.

a and m turbo in macon Ga. has new alliant injectors at a good price

http://www.amturbodiesel.com/

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
What is actually wrong with these injectors is that the area under the poppet ball has worn and the distance from the magnet to the little ball has gotten to great for the magnet to unseat the ball and fire especially when cold.

Its been a while since I replaced the first three so my figure might not be spot on BUT if you pull the magnet of the top of the injectors there will be a 1" square that you should be able to slide a .015 feeler under.

And I might be wrong unless things have changed SINCE i did the first three injectors a couple of years ago MOST "re-builders" don't even touch the top end of the injectors. I might be totally wrong on this so feel free to correct me.

lgw

Reaction score
Dualie said:
Other three already have been replaced about 30,000 ago.

Is it bad to replace just some of the injectors? I thought I read somewhere that they may flow differently if you don't replace them all. Maybe 30,000 miles won't make that much difference in flow rates? I have my regulated return fuel system installed with my LL injector still in place and man does that thing knock. I wanted to replace it but with 100,000 miles on my truck was advised to look into all new injectors instead of just one because they're probably worn and would flow differently...

BJS

Reaction score
Dualie,

When I sent my injectors to bean they did tell me that some of my poppet valves were out of spec and those were corrected while they had them.

In all honesty give BDP or Swamps a call and ask them directly. I've found that when I expected to get non-answers I got straight answers without hesitation from Bean, I've only heard good things about swamps so I'd venture to say that you could expect the same from both.

wycowboy

Reaction score
Dont waste your money on stock I did cause I did not know any better $2000 for all 8 later form international, andI findout that I could have gotten swamps for much less.J

Distinctive Dave

Reaction score
wycowboy said:
Dont waste your money on stock I did cause I did not know any better $2000 for all 8 later form international, andI findout that I could have gotten swamps for much less.J

I would go with Beans Diesel Performance for injectors, I had SWAMPS, I got what I paid for....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online