Best place to get new injectors

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Swamps in the mail sorry guys. Thanks for the advice going with stockers. No need for gauges, exhaust, pyro, or a $3,500 transmission. Just a grand worth of injectors for a 250,000 mile truck. that works its ass off to make its keep.

wanderer

Obtuse Degenerate
Reaction score
Distinctive Dave said:
Well good luck, hopefully you dont have problems like I did.

Well how about just telling us what the problem was with Swamps?

I had a couple of injectors clog up on me after a filter change, and they cleaned them out for me, while I waited. You can't beat service like that, and it is nice to be close enough to drive them over to the shop.

Distinctive Dave

Reaction score
This is taken right from my post on All Diesel Motorsports. Its under the vendor praises/vendor ******* catagory, my thread title is "My Story"
Here is a link, dont know if it will work: http://www.alldieselmotorsports.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1047

On Edit: Make sure you read the whole thread on All Diesel Motorsports, there are two pages.

By The Way: This issue still has not been resolved. Also one of their "ex" employees quit and started his own injector business....and is doing quite well. ;Sweet Good Job "******"

Well, I have been dealing with swamps, kind of on this issue of the oil pump and the injectors I had purchased from them. As most of you know, my 2001 thru a rod and I have fixed the truck and sold it.

In Feburary of 2004 I drove to Swamps shop and purchased a set of 200cc injectors and had them install them. After driving for a couple months, I questioned the power or lack of and the excessive smoke. They realized there was a problem, that the stock HPOP whether in good working order or not, could not support the 200cc single shot injectors. After some time they sent me a set of 175cc single shot injectors which the stock HPOP should be able to handle and run good. These injectors also smoked alot and didnt have much power. I now put a set of stockers back in to check HPO drop off and sure enough, Im plagued by the low low stock HPO. No problem, Swamps has a custom pump that will work and run their injectors. I ordered it and got it around August 2004. After installing it on the truck and heading home from my buddies shop that night, about 8PM I stopped for fuel and shut the truck off. Fueled up, and then the truck would not start. I thought maybe it was low on oil. Bought some oil, nothing. After almost an hour the truck finally started. The next morning I was on the phone with Swamps and they said that this affected some trucks. Well my response was that this is a daily driver and I cant have this happening. At this time, I told them I wanted a refund on the pump, and also the injectors since at this time I bought the pump to run their injectors. So on Sept. 13 2004 I sent the oil pump and injectors back. I have been waiting ever since for a refund. I make calls at least once a week and they keep telling me they have no money. Im now stuck between a rock and a hard place, being I have no injectors, no pump and no money! They owe me a total of $2600. What should I do now?

Distinctive Dave

Reaction score
After searching the TDS archives I was able to find the story of Turbo99 and his motor from Swamps

Your going to have to cut and paste this to your browser, make sure you add one w to the begining, it wont let me put up a link to it directly

ww.thedieselstop.com/archives/ubbthreads/73upgrades1/showflat.php-Cat=&Number=1985331&page=30&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.htm

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Both injector builders are good. And I am willing to bet if both stay in business long enough both will have had dissatisfied customers somewhere along the way also. That, unfortunatley is how the cookie crumbles. I have some Beans Stg I's and love them, I know for a fact that there are hundreds (thousands?) of sets of Swamps out there also and the guys that have them have smiles from ear to ear.

Dave,sorry you feel like you got screwed and I know that you were asked to share your experience here, but nobody on this forum has the ability to "fix" your woes.

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have a login to read the story on yours.

Was there ever any resolution on the Turbo99 motor? there HAS to have been by now.

Distinctive Dave

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
IMHO, Both injector builders are good. And I am willing to bet if both stay in business long enough both will have had dissatisfied customers somewhere along the way also. That, unfortunatley is how the cookie crumbles. I have some Beans Stg I's and love them, I know for a fact that there are hundreds (thousands?) of sets of Swamps out there also and the guys that have them have smiles from ear to ear.

Dave,sorry you feel like you got screwed and I know that you were asked to share your experience here, but nobody on this forum has the ability to "fix" your woes.

Just like you said, I was asked to share, so I did, Im not looking for a shoulder to cry on, im over it, Im not looking for someone to "fix" my woes.....

Also there are several hundreds sets of injectors out there from Swamps, what many dont realize is that...they might not be running there truck to the best of the ability as far as HIGH EGTS and not getting good fuel economy.

WIth OBS trucks, its not hard to get a SOTP gain...Im not going to go into details, but I have done alot research into injectors. Just because they have lots of sets out there, doesnt mean they are doing it the right way....

Also, so you all dont think IM a D*CK, im not blaming anyone for anything, or degrading anyones products, im telling my story and thats it.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Distinctive Dave said:
So on Sept. 13 2004 I sent the oil pump and injectors back. I have been waiting ever since for a refund. I make calls at least once a week and they keep telling me they have no money. Im now stuck between a rock and a hard place, being I have no injectors, no pump and no money! They owe me a total of $2600. What should I do now?

Then............

Distinctive Dave said:
Just like you said, I was asked to share, so I did, Im not looking for a shoulder to cry on, im over it, Im not looking for someone to "fix" my woes.....

The only reason I made my comment about somebody fixing your woes was because of the first quote I have in this post.

Also, just to keep things straight.....Ryan Bean didnt work for Jonathan, but Cass did correct? and now he is working out of Beans shop? I just want to keep things square and straight. :thumbsup:

Distinctive Dave

Reaction score
My first post that you quoted was from Sept of 2004, which was taken directly from the forum that I orignally posted it on. (Which they were the ones that told me they would refund my money and they lied) Which maybe you misunderstood me, but like I said I just cut and pasted from the other forum only because someone asked. Im not bothering them anymore cause its not worth my time, ive already lost enough money making phone calls and shipping crap back to them, I work one week and i recoup my money instead of crying over spilled milk, so does that make me a better man, who knows, but I was left with NOTHING, no product or money. I just dont run my business like that. I hate having unhappy customers. Ok Im done with this topic, its like beating a dead horse. If you anyone has any other questions please email or PM me.

Yes you are right about bean and cass, my fault, i get them confused. Sorry guys!

Bean

Reaction score
Yes you are right about bean and cass, my fault, i get them confused. Sorry guys!

You didnt just say that

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Distinctive Dave said:
My first post that you quoted was from Sept of 2004, which was taken directly from the forum that I orignally posted it on.

Ahhhhhh, that clears things up. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online