Best place to get a water pump.

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my pump with one from napa , so far so good. Good luck with the fan nut, I had to get the wrench kit from napa to move mine.Hammer and chisel did not work this time.Good luck;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I ordered a new one from Ford. $91 and change. It'll be there tomorrow.

I'll try and take some photos for a "how to" write up .............. that I'll do one of these days.:rolleyes:

Heath

You won't regret it. Find my post where I compared a Motorcraft and a NAPA Gold side by side.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to replace the crappy AutoZone water pump tomorrow with the new Ford part. I'll take some photos and what not.

It has been nice driving the crew cab all week. It's a great truck, but I miss my turbo and my T19.:D

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't get the water pump finished this weekend.:mad: Between work and other obligations (nephew's all-star football game, neice's cheerleading competition, UFC fights, Church chili/bonfire/hayride...and on and on...) I ran out of time. The new pump in on, but I spent most of my time yesterday fighting the annoying bracketry on the driver's side of the truck. I've got one more bolt to get in and then I get the belts back on, the pulley tightend up, and then the fan clutch, and shroud. Add coolant, and burb it really good, and I should be done.:rolleyes:

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be doing one pretty soon. The worst part is just cleaning and scraping the old gasket stuff away in my opionion.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I dont think a water pump is to bad of a job, scraping gasket does get annoying, it doesnt take real long i think it took me 2 hours between 2 days it took me about an hour the first day to get everything unhooked and the pump off then the next day it took about an hour to put the new one on and hook everything back up, not to bad of a job

Zrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my pump with one from napa , so far so good. Good luck with the fan nut, I had to get the wrench kit from napa to move mine.Hammer and chisel did not work this time.Good luck;Sweet

you had better luck than me... Some yahoo used a air chizel or something last time on mine. Their wasent enought left of the nut to even get a pipe wrench on. Had to pull it all as one unit and tack a long bolt to the clutch to get it off... had to put it back on the same way tacked the bolt on and pulled on it till it broke off... Going to have to find a good used one and put it in storage so if i have to change it again i have it. this one will not be going back on next time

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online